MATCH OF THE DAY AT 50

jagerbob

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, the League table of the most succesfull league clubs of the last 50 years is........

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Manchester City

Leeds United

Derby County

Aston Villa

Blackburn Rovers

Top ten is better than top eleven! :lol:

Watched MOTD @ 50 last night. What a great tribute to a great show albeit I do tend to fast forward the rather dull match analysis after each game.

The only thing that spoilt the programme was the rather peculiar idea to have the MOTD rap at the end. Who the hell was that guy and just why the BBC felt he deserved 2~3 minutes of air-time on a programme that had less than an hours running time was beyond me.

Incredible to think that Linekar has now been presenting that programme for over a decade.

Robbie Savage has to be the most uninformed pundit on that show.

" AND HERE COMES THE POT OF PAINT "    THIS IS EXTRODINARY .... GERRY DALY IS WAITING TO TAKE A PENALTY ..AND JOE CORRIGAN AS WALKED FROM HIS GOAL TO FIND THE PENALTY SPOT .....   THE REFEREE WAS RIGHT ....

It was hilarious when the referee paced out 10 yards and not 12 initially, before the groundsman appeared on the scene.

Watched MOTD @ 50 last night. What a great tribute to a great show albeit I do tend to fast forward the rather dull match analysis after each game.

The only thing that spoilt the programme was the rather peculiar idea to have the MOTD rap at the end. Who the hell was that guy and just why the BBC felt he deserved 2~3 minutes of air-time on a programme that had less than an hours running time was beyond me.

I do believe the fella at the end was the rapper, linguistic inovator and fashionista Lethal Bizzle.  I have no idea why it was decided he should pop up with a dodgy rap to close the show, it was a tad bizzare.

The rest of the programme was a great tribute to the show though.

Yep, the League table of the most succesfull league clubs of the last 50 years is........

Manchester United

Liverpool

Arsenal

Chelsea

Everton

Manchester City

Leeds United

Derby County

Aston Villa

Blackburn Rovers

Notts Forest

And we would have been higher if I'm not mistaken if it weren't for Abramovitch and Mansoor's millions. Chelsea had one title to their name in 1955 (I think) and although City had two, we would have been above them alphabetically ;) By my reckoning, we would be in joint 6th place. 

Anyway, I consider titles won prior to the Premier League's inception more worthy and I include Forest's title in that because it was more about shrewd management, coaching and talent spotting as opposed to who has the wealthiest owner and I include Blackburn's PL title in that category, if it wasn't for Uncle Jack they wouldn't have had a sniff.

I did not watch the programme as I am away in Turkey, but I suspect that Mr Lethal Bizzie was booked to satisfy some equality agenda by the BBC. Surely both Clare Balding and Tanni Grey Thingymajig also had cameo pieces too?

Archived