Gazza

Day

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terribly sad, but all too predictable i am afraid.

Alcoholism is a terrible disease...one that destroys many in this country.

How many times do we think Gazza will have been trying to get cleaned up when a fan sees him and just pipes up with ... 'here - Gazza, have a drink with us...go on' Thus - begins the spiral. One is never enough ... in fact ... fifteen is never enough.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't take responsibility for his own actions, but alcohol grips some people in ways others cannot understand. It would never, ever be legal in a million years if it went through parliament again.

If you ask me, the game threw Gazza on the scrapheap, as it does to so many...his case just happens to be so high profile because he was a genius on the pitch...many that weren't, and get no publicity, have gone the same way.

Look at the case of ex-Ram Garry Charles ... a superb right-back, who ended up drowning in his own piss and sorrow, and did time..

I concur with PrivateRam I'm afraid ... many, many chances to clean up have gone begging.

It is looking increasingly grave.

Addiction, just like depression.... A horrible horrible illness.

You can all say he's chucking his life away, but believe me.... I imagine he wants to stop. It's just his addiction has got him by the scruff of the neck.

I really do hope it's rock bottom now for him. Otherwise like others have said.... Got two options. Stop or die....

Really hope he pulls through this time

His choice to make himself a pi ss head, no sympathy ,sorry but he had everything, can not make the usually excuses, broken home, abuse etc .

You should be a counsellor or something, cracking stuff.

"I know what I'll be! An alcoholic!"

You actually think that?

I hope this is a satirical post about ignorance on the subject...but I don't think it is.

My friend, over the last 10 years I have had three life threatening diseases, one which is terminal , a lot more pressure than what he has had , I like a drink , but I know when to stop, you are just making excuses for him IMHO.

Just the same as George Best.

My friend, over the last 10 years I have had three life threatening diseases, on which is terminal , a lot more pressure than what he has had , I like a drink , but I know when to stop, you are just making excuses for him IMHO.

Certain people are more susceptible to these things. Just because you are getting through extreme stress or worry, doesn't mean others will

My friend, over the last 10 years I have had three life threatening diseases, on which is terminal , a lot more pressure than what he has had , I like a drink , but I know when to stop, you are just making excuses for him IMHO.

I'm very sorry to hear that. But what you must understand is that every human is different - not every body can be strong, and people don't deal with challenges in the same way as everybody else.

It's like Robin Williams - what's he got to be depressed about? I don't know him personally, but whatever it was, it was very real to him. Whatever Gazza's issues have been, it's been bad enough for him to want to drown them out. It might be his upbringing, that he's not learned to cope with stress, or it might be that he had too much money, too young....but nobody intends to be an alcoholic, and he's not got himself here just by going out on the lash a little too often and becoming addicted. 

Archived