what foreign football do you watch?

Sexydadbod

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to the odd Besiktas match whenever I can lay my hands on a freebie but other than that, zilch except the Rams/Championship.

I pay for premier league tv but can't remember the last time l actually sat through a full game.

Eredivisie. I think of myself as a bit of a PSV fan, even went over for a few games a couple of years ago.

They've struggled for a few years but they've got a great chance of the title this year.

Is Dutch football still full of good attackers and poor defenders?

Used to watch it all the time. Really good league because you never really had negative teams because everyone's strength is attack.

Like the German league now actually. Very entertaining but you wouldn't see half the goals in the PL.

Defending much better in the PL. Suppose it would be though considering the money in that league. Some teams have no interest in attacking

I attend K League matches quite regularly.  I've been following FC Seoul around the country for the last year and half.  It's been a great way to explore the country and watch some football in the process.  The standard isn't great but there are a few decent players to be seen in amongst the dross. 

The atmosphere at Seoul Stadium is generally pretty good if you are in the north stand with their "hardcore", it's a fairly friendly and welcoming atmosphere for foreign football fans.  However, Seoul play in a 60,000 seater that was used for the World Cup and it is never full, the top tier is closed off for all home matches.

The grounds all around the country are all seater stadium and are free seating; a lot of fans choose to stand throughout the game and this is never a problem and really does help to boost the atmosphere. The relaxed atmosphere extends to being allowed to take your beer with you into the stands; i've even seen people walk in with a family sized pizza and buckets of fried chicken....it's a very different match day experience to back home.

The only downside with regards to atmosphere is that a lot of clubs suffer from playing in a big stadiums as they have a very small fan base (most play in stadiums set up for the World Cup).  A lot of Koreans choose to follow the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Barca and Real over supporting their local team and the general consensus tends to be that the K League is rubbish.  In a way they are right, the standard is never going to be the same as a big European league, but I've really enjoyed getting my match day fix following FC Seoul around the country while I've lived here.

Is Dutch football still full of good attackers and poor defenders?

Used to watch it all the time. Really good league because you never really had negative teams because everyone's strength is attack.

Pretty much. PSV beat NAC 6-1 at the weekend because NAC fell apart at the back. I haven't checked the stats but I'd imagine McClaren's Twente did so well because they were tight at the back. I'd be taking a trip to Holland if I was a struggling English coach.

I catch the Bundesliga when I can, and watch as much of Barca as possible.

I'm often in France for the start of the Ligue 1 season, but I wasn't this season. I miss it. There's always a fit female presenter with a headset on asking grumpy pundits with massive collars and unbuttoned shirts what they think about Stade Rennais' 1-1 draw away at Lille. It's hard to tell what they're saying as I barely speak a word of French but there's lots of shrugging and replays of diving headers.

Every game seems to be 1-1 as well. And French fans still love throwing bog roll on the pitch - maybe its to show contempt for the quality of the stuff over there, as in my experience, even their "luxury" stuff is like sand paper.

I'll watch La Liga games when I can, and a few of the big Premier League matches...

Bundesliga is a great league for goals and even poor games tend to have at least two goals in them and it's on Mexican TV every weekend so usually I'll have one game on in the background.

The French league is awful. So many players are just athletes with very little ball ability. Truely awful IMO and I wouldn't watch if for free..

Serie A kind of lost its appeal when the likes of Milan, Inter and Lazio nosedived in terms of ability and financial clout. Back in the early 2000's it was the best league in Europe - now it's probably fourth. Still get a few good games though and the likes of Juve vs Napoli or Lazio vs Roma still has an appeal.

Archived