Under 21s & Academy 14/15

-JW-

Isn't it great that even though we have a board prepared to invest where it is needed, there is a huge effort to 'do things honestly' by bringing promising youngsters through and teaching them how to play, our first-team coaches are involved throughout and we have a thoroughly professional set-up that is the envy of most clubs. 

The gumps, on the other hand, are today bemoaning the fact that FFP has unfairly shackled them because "Man City can spend 30 million on a player and we (they) can't" (I kid you not).

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there last night too and it was my first time at st georges. Clocked the drive at one mile long from entrance to the pitch. The pitches look superb, esp the one for England practice. Same turf and pitch dimensions as Wembley. Looks fantastic set up. What is so nice for me as a supporter, is that I take my 12 y o lad to matches and just like last night there are no heirs and graces. The management team mingle, pass pleasantries, first teamers often there watching u 21s and its all got a good vibe about it. No one seems up their own a***.my mates just cannot believe how friendly and accessible the club is and that the opportunities for kids to watch affordably, and be a mascot, walk out with the team, flag bearer etc aren't sold to the highest bidder. Fingers crossed eh that dcfc stick to the formula.

Hi Lakesidepair, I thought the drive was a mile long but I did not think that anyone would believe it. Thanks for confirming it. I think that the atmosphere is unique at the U21 matches. Simmo said hello to my friend who had never seen Simmo up close. My friend was flabbergasted. The match was played in such a good spirit that it is difficult to do it justice. A great night to see how matches should be played. The Sunderland families and fans were outstanding and their coach was a really nice guy. He talked to his players in such a sensible manner, I was well impressed. I will be honest, if I was Steve McClaren, I would have stayed at home or in the building that overlooked the pitch. They are his players and he seems so thrilled and proud of them it restores your confidence in human beings. Lakesidepair is my proof that I am not on something. I think that this side has lost only one in eleven. They are becoming professional footballers in the old sense of the word.COYR

Hi Srg,Heard the winning penalty was a Rabona from Santos?

There was something peculiar about the way that he kicked it but I cannot confirm that it was a rabona. Would love to see it on video. Santos had a couple of players on toast. I think that training with Ibe is maybe doing something. The only thing that was missing was a devastating cutting edge. Would be nice to get a home draw in the next round.

Stoke already beaten us this season but could be adifferent story this time. In the League 2 we have to plat at least four games at the IPro. This was the U21s Cup so that rule did not count. too late to book Alfreton so nice day out for the U21s at St George's which I am sure that they enjoyed.

Derby County ?@dcfcofficial 6m6 minutes ago Derby, England

STARTING 11: Roos, Ssewankambo, Sharpe, Freeman, Rawson, T Naylor, McDonald, Guy, Bennett, Bunjaku, Calero

Derby County ?@dcfcofficial 7m7 minutes ago Derby, England

SUBSTITUTES: Lowe, Barnes, Hendrie, Vernam, Zanzala

Would rather see Lowe start instead of Freeman.

Shop window, perhaps?

Archived