Favorite TV Sitcom

AmericanRam

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first two series of The Mighty Boosh hold good memories for me, and I've reasonably enjoyed the newer Noel Fielding stuff.

Flight Of The Concordes was excellent too.

There are so many show that I enjoy though, so I don't really have favourites as such.

Stuff like only folks and horses had been destroyed by the endless repeats. Some things are best left to live in the memory.

It's interesting how some old comedies survive the test of time and others don't.

I still love Porridge. Steptoe and Son, Likely Lads and to some extent Dads Army, though Jones isn't funny to me now.

I watched a Some Mothers do ave em the other day and it was dreadful.

One classic that has been barely mentioned on here is The Royle Family. Top drawer.

It's interesting how some old comedies survive the test of time and others don't.

I still love Porridge. Steptoe and Son, Likely Lads and to some extent Dads Army, though Jones isn't funny to me now.

I watched a Some Mothers do ave em the other day and it was dreadful.

One classic that has been barely mentioned on here is The Royle Family. Top drawer.

I think Yes Minister survives the test of time we'll but that probably says more about politicians not changing their spots than it does about anything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Bilko

Dad's army

Peep show

Curb your enthusiasm

It's funny how tastes change when you get older. When "On the buses" was first shown I thought it was rubbish but now I find it funny. Arthur is by the funniest character in that show. I also like the outside filming. It reminds me of how things looked in the early 1970s.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived