Martin?

DerbyLad

I just class them both under the 'awful' category in terms of end product.

There's no way I would class wards end product with sammons end product in the same breath!

Admittedly Wardy has looked good in a below average side.... But he is streets ahead of Sammon.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not so sure he would struggle all that much in the premier league, as long as our playing style was the same, he performs the exact job that Giroud does for Arsenal and he seems to do alright for himself.

We've hit the jackpot with him.

Suits us:

- Scores loads of goals

- Acts as a pivot for play to revolve around (excellent control and passing)

- Adds an nasty edge to the side which only Jamie Ward does otherwise

Won't attract bids:

- Slow

- Looks fat

- Looks generic and forgettable, like the default created character in a videogame

- Shares name with unfashionable singer

- Reputation as a troublemaker

- Actually is a bit fat

All this means we can potentially keep him at a reasonable wage even if he maintains his level. Hurrah.

All good sides have a couple of tough players ,the sort that if you had to go in a phone box and only one of you comes out you would give it a miss. Chris Martin is one of those also Bucko, you need them for that as much as their playing ability . Stevie Howard was another good example.

In our system, he's perfect. In another, I can't imagine him doing so well.

I don't think there is technically a better striker in the Championship. His first touch could drive the knickers off a nun. He also suits our forward runners style.

Would he suit the Premier League, in our team unquestionably, would he suit it if he was playing aside of someone to win 'knock downs' - no. 

He's the best 'number 9' in the division, technically. Rhodes, the best finisher. McCormack, the best number 10 (or at least was last season) 

In our system, he's perfect. In another, I can't imagine him doing so well.

I don't think there is technically a better striker in the Championship. His first touch could drive the knickers off a nun. He also suits our forward runners style.

Would he suit the Premier League, in our team unquestionably, would he suit it if he was playing aside of someone to win 'knock downs' - no. 

He's the best 'number 9' in the division, technically. Rhodes, the best finisher. McCormack, the best number 10 (or at least was last season) 

I think this was a reason why a lot of people (me included) didn't rate him that much last season.  When you're feeding off Sammon's link play you're going to struggle to make an impact...

Archived