Anybody Travelling to Sheffield on Saturday?

dave126

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you live in Derby then train only takes nice and easy 30mins journey, then there is pubs opposite train station called the howard and forgot another pub name little bit further up, inside the train station there is bar called Sheffield Tap (decent beers etc) you'll need tram to the ground which is take around 20mins. You'll enjoy it there.   :) 

Howard and Globe on the way up towards Hallam Uni, or Sheffield Tap just outside the station itself.

If you're alone, tram is the best way up there, but if there's a group of you, it's cheaper for a taxi. Getting back is a nightmare, and SYP can still prove to be a bit heavy handed - not just reputation, my own experience.

When I was a student up there, I walked back from Hillsborough, it was  good hour, and mostly uphill.

If you do drive, there's a massive car park just outside the ground,

Hillsborough Hotel and New Barrack are the best pubs "close" to the stadium, plenty of real ale.

The designated 'away' pub is the Horse and Jockey, god knows what it's like as I've never had the inclination to go in.

Drink on West Street, get a dayrider for the tram (

Pretty much followed the tramline back, as it was pointless even attempting to catch one of the trams.. in hindsight, not the best of moves on my part!

if you'd have headed straight on at the point where the tram goes up the hill instead of following it you'd have cut out the entire corner and any hills

Archived