Anybody Travelling to Sheffield on Saturday?

dave126

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm driving, last season went up to M1 jn 33a then back in to avoid the city centre at jcn 33 (it was an evening game and rush hour) still took blooming ages, managed to park on a street nr burger king, five mins from away end though, which was handy. Might train it this time,

If you live in Derby then train only takes nice and easy 30mins journey, then there is pubs opposite train station called the howard and forgot another pub name little bit further up, inside the train station there is bar called Sheffield Tap (decent beers etc) you'll need tram to the ground which is take around 20mins. You'll enjoy it there.   :)

Just to let you all know - there are currently maintenance works taking place on the tramlines at the moment, meaning that trams are only running as far as the Cathedral tram stop.  From there, you'll need to transfer onto replacement buses to get you to Hillsborough.

Also, if you're travelling by car/bus, there are major roadworks taking place at the Leppings Lane roundabout (30 secs from the ground), so it is expected that there will be traffic delays around the ground, so you'll want to compensate as such.

As someone who drinks in Sheffield quite frequently. If you come in by train take the Blue tram. Lots of pubs around City Hall and West Street but not the sort I like. If you go a bit further to Shalesmoor the Wellington is a great real ale pub and right next to the tram stop. You can then get the yellow tram to Leppings lane.

Or you can stay on the blue tram to Langsett Road and go in the Hillsborough Hotel, good ale there. Hillsborough central pubs are rough and ready.

Not staying over night?

If I was, it would be crashing out at my daughter's house.

Also, we did that joke for Matlock, Burton and Nuneaton.

Just to let you all know - there are currently maintenance works taking place on the tramlines at the moment, meaning that trams are only running as far as the Cathedral tram stop.  From there, you'll need to transfer onto replacement buses to get you to Hillsborough.

Also, if you're travelling by car/bus, there are major roadworks taking place at the Leppings Lane roundabout (30 secs from the ground), so it is expected that there will be traffic delays around the ground, so you'll want to compensate as such.

Is that the trams from town, the ones from Meadowhall or all of them?

All tram lines are affected - the Meadowhall to Hillsborough route also goes through the city centre, so it'll catch you too

Cheers.

Archived