Sheff Weds Lower Tier?

Philmycock

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some info for Derby fans - it appears that some of the worst 'restricted view' seats on the West Upper have now been taken off sale, as well as some segregation between the away fans and the North Stand (to the left as you look from the away end), meaning that full capacity on the away end is smaller than quoted in this thread.

Also, it is VERY unlikely you'll be offered the NW Corner.  There was some structural damage to it in the 2007 floods, meaning that the safe capacity is severely restricted, and must receive a specific safety certificate each time it is open.

The actual maximum figure for away fans is circa. 5,000-5,500

Just some info for Derby fans - it appears that some of the worst 'restricted view' seats on the West Upper have now been taken off sale, as well as some segregation between the away fans and the North Stand (to the left as you look from the away end), meaning that full capacity on the away end is smaller than quoted in this thread.

Also, it is VERY unlikely you'll be offered the NW Corner.  There was some structural damage to it in the 2007 floods, meaning that the safe capacity is severely restricted, and must receive a specific safety certificate each time it is open.

The actual maximum figure for away fans is circa. 5,000-5,500

Bounce in a minute, we're going to bounce in a minute  ........  maybe not.

I remember standing in the lower tier when it was terracing( before the tragedy) we took 10,000 then

I think it was 1984 we lost, Wednesday got promotion to the old 1st division and we got relegated to div 3 Peter Taylor and Roy Mac were managers that season.I caught a football special train(remember them?) and there used to be a train station 15 min walk from Hillsborough just used for matches with large numbers of visiting supporters.We also took 10,00 to Brammell Lane  Sheff Utd cup match 4th round Hindmarch scored winner two seasons after when we got promotion and got knocked out in the 5th round by Wednesday after a replay

I think it was 1984 we lost, Wednesday got promotion to the old 1st division and we got relegated to div 3 Peter Taylor and Roy Mac were manager

s that season.I caught a football special train(remember them?) and there used to be a train station 15 min walk from Hillsborough just used for matches with large numbers of visiting supporters.We also took 10,00 to Brammell Lane Sheff Utd cup match 4th round Hindmarch scored winner two seasons after when we got promotion and got knocked out in the 5th round by Wednesday after a replay

A couple of seasons back there was an article aboit record away attendances for Derby.

The top three were

Old Trafford League cup semi (13k)

Bramall lane in 1987 Promotion season(10k)

Oakwell Billys promotion sesson(9k)

No mention of hillsborough.

Archived