On the cheap

Ovis aries

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the matter things too positive for you? If you want negativity go onto LTLF that will cheer you up

I have a right to my opinion , that's what forums are all about.

You should be seeing both sides being a "moderator" not telling people to do one if you don't agree with them.

Derby are my club and have been for over sixty years, and all our major success has come from spending over the top, ( has been our downfall too, but not so many times ).

Being on the cheap is fine as long as you bring in quality players which I think we have done.Of course,I would love to have millions to spend like Arsenal and other teams,but as with Man U last season having a team with high priced players doesnt neccessarily translate into success.

Let me quantify what I mean.

Every championship club gets over 3million from the league every season.

We supposedly got 2 million from the playoff final.

We got a few grand for finishing third.

So we started with over 5 million without season ticket money.

So as I see it on the face of it no new money came out of the meetings in the USA .

I have a right to my opinion , that's what forums are all about.

You should be seeing both sides being a "moderator" not telling people to do one if you don't agree with them.

Derby are my club and have been for over sixty years, and all our major success has come from spending over the top, ( has been our downfall too, but not so many times ).

sorr if you thought I was telling you to do one but  I wasnt really.

I just dont see us doing things on the cheap as a negative thing at the moment, most if not all are postiive with how the club is progressing.

i may be a moderator but I still have my own opinion and a right to post that. i wasnt abusive or insultive, just merely tried to put the fact I disagreed with you in a way that was poking fun at our neighbours/rivals

Let me quantify what I mean.

Every championship club gets over 3million from the league every season.

We supposedly got 2 million from the playoff final.

We got a few grand for finishing third.

So we started with over 5 million without season ticket money.

So as I see it on the face of it no new money came out of the meetings in the USA .

we also lost

sorr if you thought I was telling you to do one but  I wasnt really.

I just dont see us doing things on the cheap as a negative thing at the moment, most if not all are postiive with how the club is progressing.

i may be a moderator but I still have my own opinion and a right to post that. i wasnt abusive or insultive, just merely tried to put the fact I disagreed with you in a way that was poking fun at our neighbours/rivals

I was not having a go either , only in fun.

Still I am a tad disappointed and would have liked another couple of players permanently , and there is still time .

I know the loans last season were fantastic, and are a big part of modern football ,but I have never liked them.

And that 3 million TV money. You don't think that pays for wages or anything?

You do realise we made a LOSS last year? And this year ffp permitted loss lower and we handed a bunch of players improved deals? And we bought thorne? And that the owners wrote off all the debt and covered last year's loss?

Blimey. ..

Don't see why we need to be splashing money around too much, we have a pretty good team and few players that would come to the Championship would improve it I feel (apart from the odd one or two positions maybe).

Certainly don't see a lot of value in some of the deals,

I've not seen much in the way of interest for our players considering how well they did last year. I would have been tempted to let Keogh and Ward go which would have given us a few extra quid to spend on fresh blood. However, there's something to be said for a settled side. They should start the season well.

Can anyone remember when we last sold a player for more than we expected?

Archived