What Does Everyone Read?

AmericanRam

Just curious if any here like to read, either fiction or non-fiction? Favorite authors?. As a circulation manager at a library, I am especially interested in this :cool:   I for one read all types of genres and especially like anything by Brandon Sanderson, GRRM, James Lee Burke, or Simon Scarrow.  I also am in the process of getting a manuscript published that I have been working on for several years about a professional soccer player(It is set in the States!) who moonlights as a private investigator.  Anyway, cheers mates. COYR!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I usually stick to non-fiction - the world is so strange that you don't need to make stuff up. But I picked up Blood Meridian by Cormac McCarthy because I like the film "The Road" which was based on his book by the same name.

Blood Meridian is a beast of a book. You can't put it down even though some of it is hard work. It contains lumps of untranslated Spanish. Some of the violence is horrific. The prose style sometimes borders on the portentous. But I kept reading because to me it sounded true and at my age I am fed up with lies and silly stories. When I read about the book later I wasn't surprised to discover that it was based on real events.

It is a book you will think about for a long time. You will also remember the one laugh in the book - a very funny practical joke.

Pretty sure I read somewhere they are turning Child 44 into a movie. All of Tom Rob Smith's books are good.

Maybe. Though only about 1 in 4 films that are planned get made. Like only 1 in 4 players we make bids for sign. Could be another Ake. You read the book?

Archived