Rams in Europe

AmericanRam

I was just thinking again about Hull and Wigan and their runs to winning cup games as a way to get into European action, even if they have to qualify.  This for me is one of the main hopes I have for Derby is that we can win a cup and finally get back to Europe :D .  With the squad we have and SM at the helm it could happen relatively soon I hope; of course our squad size could affect us in the long run though.  What are others perspective on this?  Do you see a cup win being the only time we will ever compete in Europe again?  Hull and Wigan when they won the cups were not exactly top-notch talent in my opinion, just played hard.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we could finish in the European places but it would be a huge ask. Not really worth thinking about for now, just concentrate on getting promoted this season.

Yeah, main goal is promotion. I was just curious what everyone's opinions might be on the subject.

Yeah, main goal is promotion. I was just curious what everyone's opinions might be on the subject.

cup runs can be a distraction. They also can make a bit of money. Sheff Utd got to the semis last year but you'll always come up against a tough team. Lets get promoted first then think about cups.

Archived