RIP Jeff Bourne

Geriatram

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad news indeed , he was landlord of my local pub  a few years back , i played pool for his team ..

There are a lot of 'Bournes' around the Swad/Linton area , sad for his well respected family..

Hope he gets a minutes applause versus Rangers , he deserves it..

RIP Jeff mate.. :(

Sad news indeed , he was landlord of my local pub  a few years back , i played pool for his team ..

There are a lot of 'Bournes' around the Swad/Linton area , sad for his well respected family..

Yeh spent many a night in The Crown live literally just across the road from where it used to be 

often saw him walking about, really nice man always had time for a chat

RIP Jeff

Really sorry to hear this. My younger brother always told me what a nice guy he was.

Condolences to all his family and friends.

Thanks for the memories Jeff.

Always sorry to hear of the passing of one of "our team".

IIRC, Jeff was the first Derby County substitute who was then himself substituted (through injury), during one of the European ties - forget which one, may have been v AEK Athens at the BBG. ?

"Sleep well, young man".

Rip jeff.

Was it 73/74 when he got into the team at the start of the season and scored a quite few goals?

Was signed by Terry Venebles at the start of his time with crystal palace and did well there too.

Here's a bit more about his career from Wiki.

Bourne began his career with non league club Burton Albion before signing with Derby County in February 1971.

He saw limited time with the first team, playing mostly with the reserves until January 1974.

He finished the 1973-1974 season with nine goals as Derby County finished third in the standings.

He found himself back with the reserves the next season, with occasional stretches of first team.

In 1976, Derby County loaned Bourne to the Dallas Tornado of the North American Soccer League (NASL).

When it became apparent that Bourne would never be more than a sporadic player with the club, Derby County sold his contract to Crystal Palace F.C. for

PistoldPete2

Always sorry to hear of the passing of one of "our team".

IIRC, Jeff was the first Derby County substitute who was then himself substituted (through injury), during one of the European ties - forget which one, may have been v AEK Athens at the BBG. ?

"Sleep well, young man".

I remember him and I think Alan Hinton coming on as subs in a European tie. They made a big impact and we turned round a losing situation at the BBG to a win.

Barry Davies line when Bourne took a return pass was "Bourne again", also referring to the Rams comeback.

Sadly , he wont be "Bourne again" , but he wont be forgotten.

Archived