Sheff Utd interested in re-signing Freeman, Poised to be announced according to Sheffield Star

Jenkinson

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its a game of opinions pal.

Im sure there are players past and present that you dont rate other fans would, likewise other people might rate players you don't.

When im in the pub before the match theres plenty of discussions about players and lots of disagreement.

I never rated Paul Green. I thought and still do think hes a terrible footballer.

Thats my opinion.

In your opinion you think he was just as good as Brayford defensively. I believe that you are talking ***** there.

But thats your opinion, im sure there will be people out there that agree with you and people that disagree with you.

He is (/was) a mid-table Championship player who served us well when we were a mid-table Championship team - in or out of position.

Defensively he was just as good as Brayford when he was played at RB.

If you think he was awful for us then I'm afraid you're talking *****.

Madness.

He wasn't awful for us, far from it. He was just a limited player that, as you said, served us when we were mid-table. However, you could argue that a player of his calibre in the middle of the park is a large reason we've been stagnant in this division for so long. 

Its a game of opinions pal.

Im sure there are players past and present that you dont rate other fans would, likewise other people might rate players you don't.

When im in the pub before the match theres plenty of discussions about players and lots of disagreement.

I never rated Paul Green. I thought and still do think hes a terrible footballer.

Thats my opinion.

In your opinion you think he was just as good as Brayford defensively. I believe that you are talking ***** there.

But thats your opinion, im sure there will be people out there that agree with you and people that disagree with you.

Sorry.

It's just that those 'he's terrible' ' he's awful' non-constructive criticisms always manage to wind me up.

It's the writing off 4 years of solid contribution with 'he was *****' or similar.

So I thought I'd go for it and be similarly unconstructive by smply saying "you're talking *****" ;)

He wasn't awful for us, far from it. He was just a limited player that, as you said, served us when we were mid-table. However, you could argue that a player of his calibre in the middle of the park is a large reason we've been stagnant in this division for so long. 

I'd agree with that.

He was an important player who didn't let us down and did the job that was asked of him.

In his first season here he got 8 goals, which suggests that he wasn't a poor footballer, but they dried up under Clough as his role in the team changed.

The only thing people ever seem to bring up about him at RB is the game against Leicester, but we've had better right backs (overall) than Green undone by them gits.

And yes I still maintain that defensively, there really wasn't much between PG and JB.

Have you seen him play right back

Yes, for Ireland and we've all watched him play for two years now, most people don't need to. I saw him try to put in a cross against Watford and it was laughable, he's simply just not technically adept enough to play RB. Anyone who thinks we should play him there is just trying to accommodate him, because they wan't a new CB but don;t want to get rid of Keogh.

Don't let that get in the way of the decision, you either want him in the team or you don't.

Yes, for Ireland and we've all watched him play for two years now, most people don't need to. I saw him try to put in a cross against Watford and it was laughable, he's simply just not technically adept enough to play RB. Anyone who thinks we should play him there is just trying to accommodate him, because they wan't a new CB but don;t want to get rid of Keogh.

Don't let that get in the way of the decision, you either want him in the team or you don't.

My thoughts exactly. No further questions your Honour

I'd have liked Freeman to stick around as a back up player, but ultimately Sheffield United is a good start for him.

I put him in the same bracket as Jacobs, a promising player that perhaps needs the move to improve. 

I would have Jacobs back right now though... I think Freeman might take longer to mature into a good RB.

Archived