Sheff Utd interested in re-signing Freeman, Poised to be announced according to Sheffield Star

Jenkinson

SHEFFIELD United are keen to take Derby County defender Kieron Freeman back for a second spell at Bramall Lane.

The full-back made 12 appearances during a loan stint with the Blades last season, where he was reunited with former Rams boss Nigel Clough.

And the League One outfit look set to return for the Wales Under-21 international, either on another loan or a permanent deal.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Sheffield-United-set-return-Derby-County-defender/story-21249302-detail/story.html

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Derby wouldnt let him go if they had no plans to get another right back in.

Ive actually heard some fans say "If we cant get Wisdom back lets give Freeman a chance"

Not for me im afraid. He is a steady enough player but we are a side going for automatic promotion next season.

If we dont get Wisdom back (which I think we might do) then im sure Stevie Mac has got plenty of other targets in mind.

They wouldn't let him go if they thought he was any good.

Agreed.....

No disrespect to Freeman but we would attract better quality than him nowadays... Imagine Naylor will be gone too.

Wouldn't be surprised another youngster snapped up for u21s there and a loan for the season

I really don't rate Naylor myself, don't think he'll cut it here

We've got him for another year regardless. Was an adequate replacement for Brayford when required. Better at right back than centre half.

Tom is still very young (22). People are saying about Jutkiewicz, "Maybe McClaren can get the best out of him and he will score loads of goals". Why can't this extend to our own players, particularly the youngsters?

The same could also be said about Freeman. See what Mac does in pre-season. He might not want to buy a RB.

Derby wouldnt let him go if they had no plans to get another right back in.

Ive actually heard some fans say "If we cant get Wisdom back lets give Freeman a chance"

Not for me im afraid. He is a steady enough player but we are a side going for automatic promotion next season.

If we dont get Wisdom back (which I think we might do) then im sure Stevie Mac has got plenty of other targets in mind.

I agree. He's a decent player but not the calibre of player we need to go up. 

I think he'll do really well in League 1 if he gets given an extended run of games.

Archived