5 Films most people haven't heard of

sage

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is The Raid the 1954 one?

No, sorry just checked - the full title is The Raid: Redemption, Indonesian Martial arts film, has english subtitles

Some of the best action scenes i've seen in a movie.

If you like fight scenes, cool martial arts moves or just general badassery, it's worth a watch

Ong Bak - Great Muay Thai martial arts Trilogy staring Tony Jaa
Infernal Affairs - Hong Kong movie that inspired The Departed.
The Man With The Iron Fists - A martial arts film directed by RZA of Wu-Tang Clan fame
Grandma's Boy - pretty funny stoner comedy staring a bunch of dudes who had minor parts in early Adam Sandler films
Eagle vs. Shark - quirky New Zealand comedy from the guys that made Flight Of The Conchords

No, sorry just checked - the full title is The Raid: Redemption, Indonesian Martial arts film, has english subtitles

Some of the best action scenes i've seen in a movie.

If you like fight scenes, cool martial arts moves or just general badassery, it's worth a watch

Ong Bak.

Le Grand Bleu - Luc Besson's finest movie IMO - Jean Reno and Jean-Marc Barr star as two competitive free divers

My Neighbour Totoro - the greatest anime movie ever crafted, a Hiyao Mayazaki masterpiece

Conspiracy - Kenneth Brannagh as Reinhard Heidrich at the 1942 Wannsee conference where the Nazis came up with the 'final solution' to the Jew 'problem'

Impostor - starring Gary Sinise and Vincent D'Onofrio - based on a short Philip K Dick short story. Came out around the same time as the other Dick adaptations, Minority Report and Paycheck. The latter two were big budget releases, Impostor slipped under the radar as a straight to DVD release. Whilst probably not as good as Minority Report it was far FAR superior to Paycheck

The Fountain - A Darren Aronofsky masterpiece starring Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz who play different characters in three time frames; the Spanish conquest of the new world, present day, and the far FAR future

Archived