Season Ticket

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, you don't put the season ticket into the scanner.

So you're the reason for the queues to get in!

Well the letter that comes with it, shows a picture of it going into the scanner. Had normal match tickets for every match last season, and that's how I got in. Apart from the Yeovil game, when the scanner was broke. So...... If I don't put it into the scanner, what do I do with my beautiful new season ticket?

Well the letter that comes with it, shows a picture of it going into the scanner. Had normal match tickets for every match last season, and that's how I got in. Apart from the Yeovil game, when the scanner was broke. So...... If I don't put it into the scanner, what do I do with my beautiful new season ticket?

Contactless. Like Oyster cards.

Hold it up in front of the slot. It's got some sort of an embedded chip (like work security passes and some payment cards tend to have)

RFID.

One of the few things I can remember from gcse ict all those moons ago

RFID.

One of the few thinks I can remember from gcse ict all those moons ago

Yep - that's the baby. Acts as a transponder and the electromagnetic signal triggers a response.

Thanks. So why the picture on the enclosed letter? Have you seen it?

Yes. I too thought that it was a little confusing, but it was bundled up with the 'print at home' instructions for (e.g.) the Rangers match. As an existing season ticket holder I know that I just hold my card (which I don't bother taking out of my wallet - I just open it) up in the general vicinity of the sensor, move it towards it and then (with luck) the entry light goes green.

So why does the letter say that they've put in a new system and you now have to insert your card? I know that with previous ST cards we just hold them up to the machine, but the letter says it's different this time...

Archived