Zenit St Petersburg v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this time last season we were pissing around away at port vale being 3-0 down i think.

Roll on 9th August when it matters.

Flagman on the back. Goodness me, the ignorance of some people

no, I want to pretend to everyone that I'm a close friend.

I'm going to hang around the supports entrance and hope I can get him to sign my shirt before he disappears up into the supporters concourse area.

Ive just watched the game from pool side in Vegas and I don't get all the hysteria that people throw forward. I admit that it was frustrating, but you've got to take into consideration that the Derby team had a full training session before that game and I thought the fitness levels were phenomenal.

I will admit that Christie and Keogh on the same side do not fill me with huge confidence, but it's really hard to tell. We're well placed to replace anyone we doesn't cut it in the season anyway, so no panic from me.

I thought we controlled the ball and the game, but they had the class to counter that when the could. It's a shame, but I thought the fitness, the quality of the passing and style of play was all in line with last season so I'm happy with what I saw.

I'm going to put the laptop down now and enjoy the pool :)  

It looked a horrible place.

I imagined mountains and beautiful scenery.

It looked like a match played behind an abattoir in the piissing rain.

Christie doesn't look as good as Wisdom and Toure doesn't look as good as Christie. I thought that was our weakest area. Dawkins looked miles better than Ward. However it's one game against a team that reached the knockout stages of the Champions League.

People seem to be forgetting that the team tonight would have been training hard the last couple of days and would therefore be able pretty tired for this game. SMc has already said this is how he wanted to test the players, ie improve how they make decisions when tired.

We played against a top quality cl team with players who aren't yet match fit and have been training hard for the last month or so. We couldn't have expected to win tonight and it might have been a different result if ward had scored.

No need to be all doom and gloom, yet...

Yeah, McClaren was asked last week if the game v Zenit would be the first sort of test and he said that not really. They want to play them tired because that's when mistakes are made. And they will slowly build towards the level they want.

Slowly. Bit by bit

Good points :

Kelle Roos - looked good although not tested with crosses

Dawkins

Not outclassed by a supposedly good team

Bad points:

We didn't really threaten

Some hollywood passes from the back

Sloppy at the back

It was a bit boring.

I nodded off at one point.

Ive just watched the game from pool side in Vegas and I don't get all the hysteria that people throw forward. I admit that it was frustrating, but you've got to take into consideration that the Derby team had a full training session before that game and I thought the fitness levels were phenomenal.

I will admit that Christie and Keogh on the same side do not fill me with huge confidence, but it's really hard to tell. We're well placed to replace anyone we doesn't cut it in the season anyway, so no panic from me.

I thought we controlled the ball and the game, but they had the class to counter that when the could. It's a shame, but I thought the fitness, the quality of the passing and style of play was all in line with last season so I'm happy with what I saw.

I'm going to put the laptop down now and enjoy the pool :)

You've not even watched the game mate, you've just come on here to brag.

Go on! Gerrroutofit!

Yes. And your point is?

They are hardly world beaters now are they.

Someone said earlier they would be 5th~8th if playing in the Premiership. I'd put them around lower mid-table.

We haven't played well today but this is pre-season. They are more advanced in their fitness levels but this game is merely highlighting what I have been saying for some time. We lack composure and ability in our defence.

They reached the knockout stages of the Champions League. They finished above Porto and Austria Vienna. They only lost to Dortmund by the odd goal on aggregate. You think they are Stoke City. 

It was the Zenit stiffs though. Let's get it right.

Really? Every starter an international. I would say it was 7 out of their starting 11.

We only had 8 of ours. & if we sign someone else good.

Really? Every starter an international. I would say it was 7 out of their starting 11.

We only had 8 of ours. & if we sign someone else good.

anyone can play for the Ukraine atm. Everyone else is too busy scrapping.

I would imagine Tymoschcuk's 126 caps for Ukraine were before the troubles and those 3 years at Bayern Munich probably took his mind off it. :ph34r:  

.........Or rifling through other people's possessions.

Archived