George Thorne

CumbrianRam

http://www.wbaunofficial.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=29828&page=4

Oh the irony, they're slagging off Derby now.

It's beginning  to get slightly sad. It's like they're obsessed with us or something, probably envious of a big club like ourselves        :p

My word. They are unbelievable aren't they. We are a bigger club than them. They seem to think being in the PL makes them a bigger club. They also do not seem to realize that what their club has done over the past year is embarrassing. All this nonsense about Derby being a dive. We are a small city but we are not a nothing city. The cheek coming from West Brom fans. It is laughable that they take a dig at our city. 

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, so what if he was only in their reserves? His position in the squad has no bearing on his ability. We know how good he is, they don't. They, like all Premier League also rans, haven't the balls to give youth a chance. He could well have been their best midfielder, they'll never know now.

I'd imagine some West Brom mutant will read that and take the michael. Well look at it this way. A year ago Ross Barkley was back at Everton having had two disappointing loan spells at Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday. They gave him a chance. Look what happened.

And anyway, as they liked to tell us, he wasn't even a proper reserve, he was starting to get a run in the first team and then got injured.

They did give Berahino a chance to be fair and he's looked good when I've seen him.

I tend to agree though. I often forget just how young our squad is. Also, the fact that an integral part of our squad, in Hughes and Hendrick, has come from the academy shows the ethos by which the club is being run, supported by the improvements being made to the development squad. I'd like to see Hanson, Lowe and maybe even Kwame Thomas given a chance this season, if they're not good enough yet then we've not lost anything but they could turn out to be really good players that thrive when given a chance in the first team, just like Hughes did.

There are deluded sections of our fanbase that lack self awareness, the ones that believe we will walk the league and say silly things like "Europe in 4 years"

Why am I deluded? If Southampton get this summer right I reckon they'll do it in their third year, Swansea did it in two and a half. Our playing style, coaching staff, overall running of the club, we all have/had highly ambitious Chief-Execs/Chairman etc are very similar to theirs. It's not delusion it's confidence that we can emulate sides that are in the same mould in ourselves.

We NEED to go up this year though for any chance what so ever.

My word. They are unbelievable aren't they. We are a bigger club than them. They seem to think being in the PL makes them a bigger club. They also do not seem to realize that what their club has done over the past year is embarrassing. All this nonsense about Derby being a dive. We are a small city but we are not a nothing city. The cheek coming from West Brom fans. It is laughable that they take a dig at our city. 

My post was tongue in cheek, the point being that neither club is huge so there's not point squabbling about it. Every supporter believes their club is the biggest, that goes with supporting a team. 

However, insulting a football club because of the city it is based in... that's a bit pathetic.

Why am I deluded? If Southampton get this summer right I reckon they'll do it in their third year, Swansea did it in two and a half. Our playing style, coaching staff, overall running of the club etc are very similar to theirs. It's not delusion it's confidence that we can emulate sides that are in the same mould in ourselves.

We NEED to go up this year though for any chance what so ever.

And then those teams get ravaged by the wolves of the top 6 teams. Then they go back to relegation scraps.

And then those teams get ravaged by the wolves of the top 6 teams. Then they go back to relegation scraps.

Swansea kept everybody and signed Bony last year. This year it looks as if they're wheeler-dealing.

Southampton are selling players for far more than they're worth and replacing them with players that on paper seem to be improvements for half the price.

Buying, increasing their value, selling for a big fee and strengthening the squad. Now doesn't that sound like what our plan was/is?

Swansea kept everybody and signed Bony last year. This year it looks as if they're wheeler-dealing.

Southampton are selling players for far more than they're worth and replacing them with players that on paper seem to be improvements for half the price.

Buying, increasing their value, selling for a big fee and strengthening the squad. Now doesn't that sound like what our plan was/is?

I'm just not convinced that it can be pulled off. I'm yet to see it.

Not that we shouldn't aim to be there, but I just don't believe I'm afraid.

Just seen a vine on twitter of the players training.

99% sure Thorne was out there.

George Thorne did not train.

The midfielder limped off after 34 minutes against Zenit with a dead leg and having jarred his knee.

Thorne was unlikely to start against Slavija Sarajevo on Friday night even before he was injured as head coach Steve McClaren will look to utilise the squad.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Latest-Rams-training-camp-Austria/story-21747305-detail/story.html?

Yesterday, 11:36 PM Post: #26

Birdman1811

Administrator

RE: George Thorne......

I feel a board invasion coming on.

No, because we're not all sad tw*ts like you, Mr Administrator.

What made me laugh is when one asked "there's a university in Derby?". West Bromwich is practically ******* Sandwell, arguably the biggest dump in the UK. Does Sandwell have a Uni? If it does, it's clearly ***** because no ones ever heard of it!

D'ya remember when they built that Arts/recreational complex that cost something like

Archived