Official "Cry and bitch about Keogh" thread.

Tombo

But for that to happen, everyone needs to get behind him. And that's the hard bit because people just don't trust him anymore. Wish people would have more faith in our players...

Shout for him. At every match. Even if you're the only one. 

I remember being at the 07 play off final. In the second half, when it was incredibly tense, the area I was in were all silent through fear that we could lose this match, and perfectly understandable, so much to lose, doubt creeps in. 

So I just started shouting! Like an idiot. And it caught on, I was gob smacked. But it felt better to be doing something than standing there frozen. If you know what I mean. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shout for him. At every match. Even if you're the only one. 

I remember being at the 07 play off final. In the second half, when it was incredibly tense, the area I was in were all silent through fear that we could lose this match, and perfectly understandable, so much to lose, doubt creeps in. 

So I just started shouting! Like an idiot. And it caught on, I was gob smacked. But it felt better to be doing something than standing there frozen. If you know what I mean. 

I could feel the passion in that post from here.

Don't worry I will. I have no concerns about looking like a prat when I'm at the football. I will sing on my own often   :lol:

I could feel the passion in that post from here.

Don't worry I will. I have no concerns about looking like a prat when I'm at the football. I will sing on my own often   :lol:

Passion is good. Gets you through tough matches. That and booze. The only reason I didn't cry like a baby when the injustice happened earlier this year is because I had purposefully gotten drunk so I could deal with the outcome. And it worked a treat. The booze made me go disbelief/horror/denial/resignation/acceptance/complete positivity in the space of about 90 seconds after the injustice. I will now adopt this policy for every big match. Always did it sober before, what a chump am I!

Passion is good. Gets you through tough matches. That and booze. The only reason I didn't cry like a baby when the injustice happened earlier this year is because I had purposefully gotten drunk so I could deal with the outcome. And it worked a treat. The booze made me go disbelief/horror/denial/resignation/acceptance/complete positivity in the space of about 90 seconds after the injustice. I will now adopt this policy for every big match. Always did it sober before, what a chump am I!

We drank a few cans when we checked into the hotel and we thought we'd leave early from the hotel for the game, only to find all the pubs were closing an hour before kick off, which they hadn't told us. We were not intoxicated enough, and it was heartbreaking.

We had extra cans back at the hotel and we thought "if we win, we'll go out and celebrate in the pubs and then come back and finish off the cans". As it happened, we just went straight back, drank the cans in silence and went to bed. We weren't even in the mood to watch the Champions League final. The only reason we booked a hotel was because we thought "well we're going to want to celebrate a victory aren't we? We don't want to go straight home".

...We wanted to go straight home... But the train was booked for the morning so...

But enough dwelling on that game, Keogh is the kind of player that scares me when he's on the ball, because he's so erratic in his ball control. But 9/10 times he does okay with it, so I should probably trust him more.

Keogh was directly responsible. You can't blame the strikers for giving the ball away and conceding a stupid goal. If it had went to extra time QPR would have been very tired. We were close to beating them.

So you don't blame Forsyth who should went in for the tackle, and then you don't blame Buxton who IMHO is to blame for getting no way near closing down hoillet, then leaves himself in a right mess when trying to tackle him.

What if Buxton and keogh were swapped places and bucko 'passed' it to Zamora? Or just because he's a fan favourite everyone would wash over it, say 'oh well these things happen' and move on? Or blame keogh for making a mess of getting the ball from hoillet

Football is a team game 3 defenders were beaten, 3 defenders failed to get the ball, 3 defenders failed to do their job, therefore it's 3 defenders fault not the last one to make their share if mistakes

I rate Keogh as a player but his confidence looks shot. I'd give captaincy Bucko and Thorne vice captain.

Leaves Keogh to concentrate on his own game and relieves a bit of pressure.

Strip him of the captaincy... This just gets better and better...

Wish I hadn't made this thread now. I've just provided a medium for people to slag off our captain...

Strip him of the captaincy... This just gets better and better...

Wish I hadn't made this thread now. I've just provided a medium for people to slag off our captain...

Like i said i rate him as a player, but think we have a better option for captain.

And didn't think he should have been captain as soon as he came to the club, didn't exactly earn it. Whereas Bucko most definitely has.

Like i said i rate him as a player, but think we have a better option for captain.

And didn't think he should have been captain as soon as he came to the club, didn't exactly earn it. Whereas Bucko most definitely has.

What by having one good season? Or are we forgetting all those years that he was utterly useless?

I rate Keogh as a player but his confidence looks shot. I'd give captaincy Bucko and Thorne vice captain.

Leaves Keogh to concentrate on his own game and relieves a bit of pressure.

Yea his confidence is all but gone, best way to help that is by taking away his captaincy oh wait thats the complete opposite 

Yea his confidence is all but gone, best way to help that is by taking away his captaincy oh wait thats the complete opposite

He is a man, i'm sure he can live without an armband.

I say again, i rate him as a player and was there to chant his name.

A captain should be a leader motivating the team, not a nervous wreck.

Archived