Despite Not Signing Thorne Yet The Transfer Window Has Been Busy

Hans

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitchell, Santos, Bunjaku and Christie have also been described as highly rated. Although I'm not sure if journalists do that for the sake of it with every young player.

Because, 9 times out of 10, they won't have actually seen them play or even heard of them. 

If he's young, and a team that must be challenging for promotion is signing them, they MUST be highly rated, otherwise not worth the time.

I am impressed with the signings so far. Kept the squad together and bringing in some potential. We are yet to bring in someone I would say is better than what we have got (the exception being Christie!) but if/when we get Thorne... I would still like to see us a sign a striker who actually pushes Martin but other than that... Still plenty of time in the window.

I am impressed with the signings so far. Kept the squad together and bringing in some potential. We are yet to bring in someone I would say is better than what we have got (the exception being Christie!) but if/when we get Thorne... I would still like to see us a sign a striker who actually pushes Martin but other than that... Still plenty of time in the window.

And there's no real need to disrupt the current 1st team, it's better if we keep it together rather than spending August, September and October gelling. Obviously the loss of Wisdom is a shame, but it was inevitable and, like many people have already mentioned, after seeing Forsyth's transformation under McClaren then there's no reason why Christie can't fulfil his potential. If we sign another striker and possibly a loan singing or two then I'll be more than happy with our squad.

Not sure I agree with this.

I'd like to see us sign a few more first team players (Thorne, a ST to challenge Martin, a new wide player) before really considering this window to have been successful for us.

That being said I was happy to see us sign Christie (highly rated among my League One club supporting mates) along with keeping hold of Freeman and hopefully bringing in Calero, who looks really promising.

At the moment the first team squad is (only counting players with squad numbers)

GK

Grant

Roos

RB

Christie

Freeman

LB

Forsyth

Naylor

CB

Buxton

Keogh

O'Brien

Whitbread

Naylor (doubt he will ever play for us again)

Barker (doubtful he will ever be fit)

DM

Eustace

CM

Bryson

Hendrick

Coutts

Hughes

Bunjaku

Wide players

Dawkins

Ward

Russell

Bennett

Strikers

Martin

Sammon

DM, another striker and I'd be happy. Another wide player and CB would be good, but DM and striker and main priorities.

The main priority was me this summer to first keep the key players (done that) then bring in a couple of players to give us a strong squad of about 25 players.

At the moment the first team squad is (only counting players with squad numbers)

GK

Grant

Roos

RB

Christie

Freeman

LB

Forsyth

Naylor

CB

Buxton

Keogh

O'Brien

Whitbread

Naylor (doubt he will ever play for us again)

Barker (doubtful he will ever be fit)

DM

Eustace

CM

Bryson

Hendrick

Coutts

Hughes

Bunjaku

Wide players

Dawkins

Ward

Russell

Bennett

Strikers

Martin

Sammon

DM, another striker and I'd be happy. Another wide player and CB would be good, but DM and striker and main priorities.

The main priority was me this summer to first keep the key players (done that) then bring in a couple of players to give us a strong squad of about 25 players.

I think your right we have the loan market to exploit as well. We can also loan in a RB if Christie is struggling with the step up, but I hope he settles well and Mac works his magic and we will have a quality young RB.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived