The Final: Germany v Argentina

CumbrianRam

Explain this then... "d/14/07/14/a6eda2um" alt="a6eda2um">

Someone either:

a) made a load of accounts (random @ leads me to think this) and tweeted a load of possibilities then deleted them as appropriate before publicising this 'correct' one

b) wrote a load of tweets on one account and deleted them as necessary before publicising

Simples.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone either:

a) made a load of accounts (random @ leads me to think this) and tweeted a load of possibilities then deleted them as appropriate before publicising this 'correct' one

b) wrote a load of tweets on one account and deleted them as necessary before publicising

Simples.

Spot on.

Just glad Germany won, They were the better team, Messi was rubbish how he got player of the tournament I do not know, just imagine if Argentina had won it would of been all Malvinas rubbish and how it belonged to them.

Just glad Germany won, They were the better team, Messi was rubbish how he got player of the tournament I do not know, just imagine if Argentina had won it would of been all Malvinas rubbish and how it belonged to them.

i dont think he was rubbish throughout the tournament, but definitely not worthy of the golden ball, which IMO should definitely have been awarded to james rodriguez, fifa marketing corruption

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a courtroom over who should have custody of him.The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents so the judge awarded custody to his Aunt in keeping with the Child Custody Law requiring that the family unit be maintained to the degree possible.The boy surprised the judge by exclaining his aunt beat him more than his parents.When the judge suggested the boys grandparents the boy said they also beat him.After considerring the rest of the family and learning that domestic violence was a way of life the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody oh him.

After two recesses to check legal references and to confer with child welfare officials,the judge granted temporary custody to The England Football Team,who the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anybody

The award is sponsored by Adidas, and means naff all.

Argentina may not have got out of the group stages without Messi and they would not have got to the final without Mascherano.

Don't think he was fully fit either.

I honestly couldn't name any golden ball WC winner, only know Khan won an award in 2002 because I remember his reaction, bit like Messi's funnily enough. Neither wanted it and it just delayed the presentation,

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Germany, they deserved it.

It's sad to see Messi not show up on the big stage yet again. I think that is what is ultimately going to keep him from ever truly becoming the greatest ever.

How often has he not shown up on the big stage?

The Champions League is bigger than the World Cup as it has better players and Messi scored in two consecutive finals against Manchester United.

Real Madrid would absolutely destroy that Germany team and so would Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Manchester City and arguably even Chelsea.

Lionel Messi won't be the same player again though. His injuries affected him big time I think he has been told to play only in short bursts. He doesn't look anywhere near as quick as before and he doesn't track nor burst into the box like in previous years.

Not really sure why it hasn't been picked up on before but he really is struggling and you can see it in his body language. He knows he can't replicate his form from two years ago and before his injuries. He's still the best on the planet with the ball at his feet but I think the years of scoring 40 league goals a season are gone.

Archived