Move on

Alph

We need the owners to just pay whatever clubs want Harry Redknapp style. If the first bid isn't accepted then we move on.

It seems a sound strategy for getting our 1st or 8th choice targets in. Also I'm thinking it's a great opportunity for our owners to get some of that annoying cash they've earned.

I mean look at Fulham.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always pays to have a number of irons in the fire for any position we're looking to fill obviously. The problem we have with GT is that we reeeeeeally want him. I suspect that we could probably have sorted out an alternative a while ago if we were that desperate to fill the position. Whilst we do obviously feel that recruitment in that area is important, it looks like we're intent on filling it with the right person.

Ultimately, we may have to move on with this one, but I'm happy for us to keep plugging away at it for now. That being said, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea at this point to start identifying alternatives, if we haven't done so already.

Is this serious ? you want us to pay over the odds for players ? McCormack is worth no where near that amount. Just because there is no news on a Thorne deal doesn't mean there isn't things going on. We can't sign a player every day. If we want quality and the right people for the right price we have to be patient. 

Is this serious ? you want us to pay over the odds for players ? McCormack is worth no where near that amount. Just because there is no news on a Thorne deal doesn't mean there isn't things going on. We can't sign a player every day. If we want quality and the right people for the right price we have to be patient. 

Oh dear.....

I have to agree quite strongly with the sentiment of the OP. The amount of emotional investment people have in what can only be described as wild speculation is unbelievable.

I would suggest that the vast majority are taking the pish out of the one or two who are genuinely stressed over this.

The Russell thread last year was better imho!

I'm more concerned about such a beautiful song not being sung....... :(

I would suggest that the vast majority are taking the pish out of the one or two who are genuinely stressed over this.

The Russell thread last year was better imho!

I'm more concerned about such a beautiful song not being sung....... :(

We need to move on from the song mate. I'm not being sarcastic. I liked you're Nigel Legacy thread but the song?

4/10.

Draw at best

Archived