SSN reporting we're to sign Cyrus Christie on a free

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting how our past 2 management regimes have been interested in him. Must have something about him.

I'm pretty sure that the club's targets are also not 100% dependent on the management. We'd have known about him after our interest last time and kept scouting, waiting for the chance as we usually do. Think about us chasing Sammon and Martin.

Bit more of an update from my Cov mate. He's an attacking full back but his crossing is awful. He's also poor defensively too. Says he may have had his head turned last season (wouldn't sign a new contract) which could explain the drop in performances, but he's just not pushed on as expected.

I'm pretty sure that the club's targets are also not 100% dependent on the management. We'd have known about him after our interest last time and kept scouting, waiting for the chance as we usually do. Think about us chasing Sammon and Martin.

Of course. But there's a difference between just scouting and actually seeing enough to go in for him. Didn't we make a bid under Clough as well?

Of course. But there's a difference between just scouting and actually seeing enough to go in for him. Didn't we make a bid under Clough as well?

We did if I recall. We also bid for Martin and Sammon those times too from what I heard.

We seem to be quite happy to play the long game in many cases.

Archived