How many?

sage

How many more players should be looking at, either to buy or loan? For me it would be...

DCM - Ideally Thorne

RB - Maybe even the 2 of them if Freeman goes, hopefully the Argie as cover/development and Wisdom to return

Cover CF - So we can keep playing the same way if Martin is out, goodbye Sammon.

Winger - We have 3 good wingers/wide strikers and some young back players especially if we sign Carlos. We don't NEED this player but if the right quality player was available he could take us forward. There may even be someone out there who could play winger and cf.

CB - We have 3 experienced CBs with OB and maybe a full back who could cover but as with a winger, the right man could be the difference between top 6 and top 2,

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RB + back up right back

DM- George Thorne

ST- Back up striker for Chris Martin

that's the only 3 areas we're looking at.

Because of the caliber of player that we are looking at, I am only expecting 3 permanent signings (1 of em being

Thorne)  a couple more loan players and development squad additions sound good.

a RB should be a perm, i'm quite happy to keep Freeman as backup (think he's underated on here)

CB poss loan again

Striker a deff as expect to see Sammon leaving soon for Ipswich/wherever.

Judging by our rumoured targets

Striker - (McCormack/Juke/Slimani)

Winger- (Eagles/McClean)

CDM - (Thorne/Tejeda)

RB - (Gamboa)

Think I'd prefer another solid CB as Whitbread doesn't exactly inspire, but how many solid CB's would be wanting to sit on the bench under Bucko/Keogh/Whitbread? We also have O'Brien but I'd guess he'd go out on loan, build his fitness back up.

Interesting, that we haven't been linked with any (IIRC) loans, which Mac said would be quite likely. These would probably start flying when the Prem teams announce their squads though...

Archived