Madjid Bougherra

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this was from sky recently

Madjid Bougherra has his eyes on a move back to British football this summer, and he is looking to put himself in the shop window in Brazil.

The former Sheffield Wednesday, Charlton and Rangers central defender is a free agent after leaving Qatari club Lekhwiya.

The 31-year-old, who left Rangers for the Middle East in 2011, is now set for a move back to Europe and a move back to Britain is top of his agenda.

A number of Premier League clubs including Newcastle United, Queens Park Rangers, Burnley and Leicester City are understood be amongst the clubs looking at the Algerian captain as a potential summer recruit.

Speaking to Sky Sports, Bougherra admitted he would like to move back to England.

"I would definitely favour a move to England if the right opportunity comes up," Bougherra confirmed.

"I am not aware of too much it at this stage about my future as I am thinking purely about Algeria and the World Cup, but I do know of offer from Turkey and France."

Algeria begin their World Cup campaign against Belgium on Tuesday, and Bougherra is confident that Africa's highest ranking nation can make an impact.

"We have prepared well and come into this with no fears, we have a very good group here and we hope to show that."

Archived