Paul Coutts

Scott129

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be fair, he did better than alright, he was front runner for POTY up until we reverted to survival mode and Brayford got injured.

Yeah, he just needed that support. Unfortunately he ended up getting judged by winger standards.

My problem with Coutts is that instead of utilizing the RB he would almost never do overlaps. His preferred approach was to stand on the halfway line as the RB approached and almost take the ball off them. When his approach should be to let the RB take the ball as far as possible if there is space. Also his crossing was atrocious. Over 50% easily would not beat the first man. I think he belongs back in the middle of the field. More than good enough to fight for a first team spot. Not every game is Hughes, Hendrick and Bryson going to be fit, uninjured or in form. 

I don't think we have any player better running forward with the ball at his feet, unfortuanetly his decision making once he gets near the penalty isn't the best though. Looked outstanding in the middle with Bryson before his injury, hopefully he can come back fit and try and force his way into the first team. If Bryson were to leave as it looks as he might, I'd be pretty happy with Hughes, Hendrick and Coutts fighting for that two positions in front of Thorne (when we sign him...). 

He plays a bit like Wisdom in the sense he slows the play down too much. He was perfect for Brayford as he slowed it down for him to overlap. Without a fullback like that, he would be pretty poor out wide. As for centre mid, not a big enough sample size.

Archived