Derby Writers Wanted

thematch

Hi everyone, 

I manage a football website that is looking for writers. The website is new this season and we are looking for writers to create articles for all 92 clubs in the English leagues. 

At this stage and until the site becomes a success we are asking for our writers to contribute for free but WHEN the site picks up this will change and we will discuss this with our writers at the time. 

This is a great opportunity for those that enjoy writing or for budding sports journalists to build an online portfolio as our writers can build an archive of all articles submitted to the site which can be viewed by users of the site. 

http://www.thematch.co.uk

Please get in touch if interested at articles@thematch.co.uk

Thanks

Rob

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like a good idea, but I couldn't justify writing for nothing. I barely get time to brush my teeth nowadays, so I'd encourage people to do but I can't - not unless your willing to pay me more for writing than I get now anyway, haha  ;)

He ain't got time to write for free, but has if he's paid?

Mercenary.

I'm available, I can you some good copy, and am looking for a way out this place.

Trouble is, Daveo wouldn't allow me to leave.

He'll say the same on here in a minute, you watch.

I am very skeptical of projects like this were people are asked to work for free with a vague promise of payment later.

You wouldn't ask a plumber to do your house for free.

You wouldn't ask a builder to do your extension for free. 

You wouldn't ask a mechanic to fix your car for free.

So why are you asking writers to fill your site with articles and content for free?

I am very skeptical of projects like this were people are asked to work for free with a vague promise of payment later.

You wouldn't ask a plumber to do your house for free.

You wouldn't ask a builder to do your extension for free. 

You wouldn't ask a mechanic to fix your car for free.

So why are you asking writers to fill your site with articles and content for free?

Because their business model doesn't stack up so they try and see if they can get anyone stupid enough to work for free.

Admire the enthusiasm. Hope the site does well.

I'm a writer and publisher, and there's no chance of doing anything for free (mercenary like Ambitious :D ). Of course it would be great to write properly about the Mighty Derby, but I have managed to stick little Rams-related details into all of my books. If you know where to look...

Hi everyone, 

I manage a football website that is looking for writers. The website is new this season and we are looking for writers to create articles for all 92 clubs in the English leagues. 

At this stage and until the site becomes a success we are asking for our writers to contribute for free but WHEN the site picks up this will change and we will discuss this with our writers at the time. 

This is a great opportunity for those that enjoy writing or for budding sports journalists to build an online portfolio as our writers can build an archive of all articles submitted to the site which can be viewed by users of the site. 

http://www.thematch.co.uk

Please get in touch if interested at articles@thematch.co.uk

Thanks

Rob

I've just emailed you mate :)

I've passed this to my son.

He's doing a sports journalism degree at Huddersfield UNI. He's already written a number of article on other Sports sites.

Good move. I occasionally write for an Australian football site with a similar concept and the experience the budding writers get is very valuable.

Old One-Eye might be interested in making a comeback. I'm not sure that your readers would appreciate the death toll though.

Does anyone on here write for the football league site? I've noticed they've been nicking the stuff, I nick from elsewhere... grrrr. Although so did the DET today, so boo to them too. 

The football league site do a similar concept, write for free and get paid later on. 

Old One-Eye might be interested in making a comeback. I'm not sure that your readers would appreciate the death toll though.

Yay! Bring back OOE, very entertaining and as mad as cheese! (Both of which are desirable attributes in my eyes).

Archived