Transfer boredom; Name your Derby Allstar team from your era

R@M

This. I don't have to change a thing (although of course Les Green had gone before the first league title - Boulton being the only ever-present in both successful seasons)

.....and Daniel was at centre half in 74/75

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shilton

Stevie Buckley

Roy Macfarland

Igor

Mel Sage

Kinky

Archie Gemmell

Ace Asanovic

Charlie George

Kevin Hector

Dean Saunders

Honourable mentions to:

Oooh Mark Wright

A certain midfielder with a hat trick against the red dogs to his name

George Williams (Geraint)

Alan Hinton

Alan Biley (just because of THAT mullet)

Derek Hales (The bearded nonwonder for being the first 300k player and utter garbage, sorry Derek)

Jeff Chandler for the hours of amusement we used to have on the pop side listening to some woman screech "GIVE IT JEFF" every time anyone got the ball

Poom

Laursen

Stimac

West

Powell

Eranio

Asanovic

Idiakez

Johnson

Baiano

Wanchope

So hard. Had to go for West as I always liked him at Inter, was awesome when we signed him. Just wished he stayed but god only wanted him to save us not stay with us. Pains me to leave out the likes of Kinkladze, Sturridge, Van Der Laan etc but the team of the late 90's takes some beating. If only we could add a Stimac, Asanovic n Eranio to our squad now. I think player for player there's not many of the current squad that would get in the team from them days.

In the decade of me having a season ticket, I would say this is the best XI I could put together. 

Bywater, Barker, Leacock, Brayford, Forsyth, Idiakez, Bryson, Thorne, Barnes, Commons and Martin. 

Bywater, obviously, was a one season wonder (as was Leacock). Idiakez was unplayable on his day, lazy on others (same with Commons) Barnes was incredible, such a shame injuries ruined him. Thorne is so talented, I couldn't leave him out. Bryson is a fantastic work horse and Martin has just had the best season of any Derby striker for an absolute age. 

The back five pick themselves, in my opinion. Steve Howard unfortunate, but I feel Martin was that bit better this season than Howard was in our promotion season.

It's a tough one when I've had 42 years of watching the Rams, but here goes:

Poom

Forsyth (Micky)

Nish

McFarland

Stimac

Gemmill

McMinn (Favourite EVER player !)

Eranio

Van Der Laan

Davison

George

Subs:

Shilton

Todd

Wright

Asanovic

Callaghan

Hector

Wanchope

Yup.....I'd put that side up against anyone !

It's a tough one when I've had 42 years of watching the Rams, but here goes:

Poom

Forsyth (Micky)

Nish

McFarland

Stimac

Gemmill

McMinn (Favourite EVER player !)

Eranio

Van Der Laan

Davison

George

Subs:

Shilton

Todd

Wright

Asanovic

Callaghan

Hector

Wanchope

Yup.....I'd put that side up against anyone !

The King sub, are you taking your tablets ?.

In a 5-3-2 as preferred by the manager of said All Star team, the one and only Bald Eagle , here goes.

GK - Mart Poom

RB - Jacob Laursen

LB - Chris Powell

CB - Ooh Mark Wright

CB - Igor Stimac

CB - Paul McGrath

CM - Stefano Eranio

CM - Paul Simpson

CM - Aljosa Asanovic

CF - Paulo Wanchope

CF - Dean Saunders

Just as an aside, how bloody good was Asa?? Damn that 3 non-EU rule

I'd prob name that same team... BUT, not much battle in that midfield.. Sexy football though

Well, it was a very close call ! TBH, I don't think I saw him regularly when he was at his very best hence Bobby and Charlie. And that's the best excuse I can come up with on a Monday afternoon !

Its all opinions , I did not see Horatio Carter ,my father did and said he was the best player he had seen for the Rams, but for me Kevin Hector is the best ever .

I'd prob name that same team... BUT, not much battle in that midfield.. Sexy football though

Eranio was actually a decent tackler, and certainly wasn't one to bottle it. His stats show he got more yellows than anyone else and two reds! I met him a couple of times and he was surprisingly tall and solid.

Shilton

Sage

Micky Forsyth

Hindmarch

Blades

Micklewhite

Williams

Gregory

Callaghan

Gee

Davison

Sub

Lillis

Manager

Cox

Assistant

Roy mac

Physio

Gordon

Lol.....forgot about Gordon! Never seen another physio in such a rush to get to the man down!

He almost looked disappointed trudging back to the dugout if he wasn't on the pitch for at least 2 minutes!

He also inspired one of my only track suit purchases ( parental cash obviously ) ......the dark blue jumper with the light blue diamond, coincidentally made by Umbro. I might email them and ask if a new black (grey) and white version can be made.

Archived