Transfer boredom; Name your Derby Allstar team from your era

R@M

He almost looked disappointed trudging back to the dugout if he wasn't on the pitch for at least 2 minutes!

He also inspired one of my only track suit purchases ( parental cash obviously ) ......the dark blue jumper with the light blue diamond, coincidentally made by Umbro. I might email them and ask if a new black (grey) and white version can be made.

That was a great tracky!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-5-1-1

Poom

Stimac West Johnson

Carsley

Eranio Idiakez Kinky

Baiano

Wanchope

Would be badly balanced team but they are my favourites

3-5-1-1

Poom

Stimac West Johnson

Carsley

Eranio Idiakez Kinky

Baiano

Wanchope

Would be badly balanced team but they are my favourites

You are Stuart Pearce and I claim my fiver!

I've been Camara, Macca and Sam Rush lately but Pearce is new one.

Dissociative identity disorder is one fooking annoying life-companion.

Lol, check out your team and how 'unbalanced' it really is! Straight out of the Pearce handbook.

In the decade of me having a season ticket, I would say this is the best XI I could put together. 

Bywater, Barker, Leacock, Brayford, Forsyth, Idiakez, Bryson, Thorne, Barnes, Commons and Martin. 

Bywater, obviously, was a one season wonder (as was Leacock). Idiakez was unplayable on his day, lazy on others (same with Commons) Barnes was incredible, such a shame injuries ruined him. Thorne is so talented, I couldn't leave him out. Bryson is a fantastic work horse and Martin has just had the best season of any Derby striker for an absolute age. 

The back five pick themselves, in my opinion. Steve Howard unfortunate, but I feel Martin was that bit better this season than Howard was in our promotion season.

I'd say Howard was definitely better, maybe not for link up play and actually getting people into the game, but when we needed a goal towards the end of a game, hitting it up to Howard or send it into Howard for a corner and he would score every time(did he ever lose a header?), maybe im just looking back too fondly and the fact we got promoted ;P

------- -------- Poom -------- ------

----- Wright Stimac McGrath -----

Eranio ------ Carsley ------ Powell

--------Kinkladze--Asanovic-------

--------Saunders--Wanchope-----

Bench: McMinn, Goddard, Shilton, Baiano, Laursen, Will Hughes, DPFG.

Defibrillator on standby, because Carso is going to have his work cut out when we lose the ball.

Ask me again tomorrow and I'll give you a totally different team!

Archived