Where do we come from?

RLACML

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Born in Allestree then Hilton, Pear Tree, Winchester, Catterick, Blanford, Bedfordshire, Aubagne, Cape Town and finally back in Nottingham.

I think we may have worked for the same company Rebelscum  :)

Ha, ha...So it would seem.

Born and bred in Missouri, USA. :)

Yeah man that's crazy.. I was born in derby but moved to Louisiana, USA and derby rarely play on tv.. They show every prem game but they only feature championship games once a week, so it's crazy that you got hooked lol.

Born Derby, ended up in Wirksworth aged 12 after a few sideways moves, went to Gell's until 18 and then left to see the world.  Been living in and around Barcelona for the last 28 years.

Here's a funny thing: the local football team from the town I live in now in Spain (Llagostera, near Girona) has just been promoted to the Spanish second division - but the town is about the size of Wirksworth! Can you imagine a local derby against Wirksworth? They have been promoted six times in 10 years, last season they had 500 season ticket holders and a total turnover of about €400,000, no debt, no Russian or Arab benefactor.

Am from Chennai India, Might have mentioned it earlier but been following the Rams since 99, Back in Premier league with Ravenelli & Christie :)

Not many know where Derby let alone DCFC but still supporting them, Following this forum for last 3 years.

Last season Playoff final was heart breaking, When others were watching Champions league final, EPL i have sulking around feeling terrible.

Yeah man that's crazy.. I was born in derby but moved to Louisiana, USA and derby rarely play on tv.. They show every prem game but they only feature championship games once a week, so it's crazy that you got hooked lol.

:( I know, i wish they showed more championship games. Thank god for streams though. :D

I've followed the Rams for nearly 52 years but not always while I've been in Derby.

From living in Arboretum to Breadsall, Horsley, USA, Saudi Arabia, Ockbrook, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, India, and finally back to Duffield, I've always looked for Derby's results.

This has been either by getting newspaper reports (useless in America); BBC World Service (unbelievable static interference in the desert); calling from Saudi Arabia and my brother putting the telephone receiver in Derby to BBC Radio Derby - that cost me £60 on the night of 9th May 1987 (my birthday) when we won promotion; and finally by internet and satellite TV.

I also retained my season ticket when I was overseas, but could only attend about 4 matches per season.

Archived