Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

McGugan is an exceptional footballer, and does blow hot and cold. I'd have him here In a heartbeat. Fits the label perfectly.

Also, can anyone tell me what Nixon has got categorically wrong? I believe he has been pretty much spot on with regards to everything so far, the clause is obviously up for debate,but he broke Burnley's interest in the first place.

It seems they had the same view of the clause, he did and apparently the PFA and Bryson.

Until everything comes out in the wash, in my opinion, he isn't right or wrong.

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Nixon we were in talks with Hutchinson, only for him to sign a contract with Fulham the following day.

He's been a abit of a arse this past 48 hours regarding any questions from DCFC fans, particularly quiet on the Bryson contract all of a sudden too.

According to Nixon we were in talks with Hutchinson, only for him to sign a contract with Fulham the following day.

He's been a abit of a arse this past 48 hours regarding any questions from DCFC fans, particularly quiet on the Bryson contract all of a sudden too.

It was hardly the following day. Let's say a month...

That tweet was literally a day before he joined Fulham, he hadn't a clue he was going there otherwise he wouldn't have tweeted about us 24 hours previously.

What you harping on about the 1st of June for? He bleedin' tweeted two weeks after that date that we we're still interested in the bloke and failed to mention anything to do with any agreement to join Fulham until the deal concluded. 

The only permanent deal he's got correct thus far is Roos, whoopie

That tweet was literally a day before he joined Fulham, he hadn't a clue he was going there otherwise he wouldn't have tweeted that 24 hours previously.

What you harping on about the 1st of June for? He bleeding tweeted two weeks after that date that we we're still interested in the bloke,and he failed to mention anything to do with any agreement to join Fulham. duh

Yes... Because we had BEEN in talks with him. We did make him an offer, but he chose Fulham... Duh

Yes... Because we had BEEN in talks with him. We did make him an offer, but he chose Fulham... Duh

So now we're assuming we were in talks with him then?

I'm going to be honest here, and just put this in the bluntest way possible:

You cannot assume that. If anything that doesn't fit with his narrative can be passed off so easily as "well, we probably did", then anything that fits it can just as equally be passed off as a lucky guess. You need to work by a consistent set of rules on this one, and for that reason I'm yet to be convinced.

He's picked up on one or two stories a day or so before they have gone public, but as a journalist you can't rule out it being things he's overheard, or stories he's working on even. Basically things that are set to be put into the media, but tweets take less time. Most of what's been posted seems to be either pretty common knowledge (i.e. Thorne) or it's hand wavey cold reading type tweets to keep people hooked until "it'll be in the papers tomorrow". I'm getting the feeling that he's dragging us along so he can use it to help sell papers. The system would be pretty simple too:

Twitterchap881: "Hey Nicko, any word on Derby transfers #UPTHERAMS"

Nixon: "Derby want Thorne, also hearing about another offer made, seems an unusual one"

*Weeks later, nothing happening*

Nixon: "Derby still working on offers"

*Weeks later, Derby have actually moved for a player*

Nixon: "Check the papers tomorrow!"

All he'd need to do is make vague, nebulous comments about Derby being interested in an unknown player, then sit on it until he sees something actually start happening. At that point he can point people to the papers and suddenly he's a font of all Derby knowledge. It doesn't even matter if it happens or not, it just need to be something that hits the papers (i.e. McCormack) or have others interested and has the potential to squeeze Derby onto the usual lists (i.e. "Fulham, Cardiff, West Brom, Derby, Birmingham, Burnley and Qatar"). The second kind there doesn't even need anything in it, as when it doesn't happen people will simply pass over it as "well we were beaten to the player then".

I mean, what has he really got ahead of time, that is excluding nebulous tweets that don't give any more information than "player" or "vague role". He got a couple of our signings last season just ahead of time, but talks would of been advanced (or trials) and weren't likely to have been secretive (i.e. Roos).

Who knows, he might have some incredible source, but I'm just getting the feeling that he's just a really crafty journo with the usual journo sources. I'm not saying that he is doing this cold reading type trick and using a slight foreknowledge to materialize those nebulous stories into what seems "hard knowledge", but it's just how it looks at this point.

I reckon we're in for...

RB- Wisdom

CM-Thorne, possibly another as Bryson replacement

RW/LW- ??? Could be in Sunday people tomorrow according to out best friend Nixon

ST- Jutke, possibly Zigic if wages were low.

On the striker debate I'd have no problem with getting Zigic as long as we got someone like Jutke AS WELL. Adds an option for a 'plan b' if iur game plan wasn't working (something we didn't have in the play off final) and, under the right management, I honestly think any striker can do well. Nobody thought anything of Martin but look how SMC transformed him...

up the rams

I reckon we're in for...

RB- Wisdom

RW/LW- ??? Could be in Sunday people tomorrow according to out best friend Nixon

On the striker debate I'd have no problem with getting Zigic as long as we got someone like Jutke AS WELL. Adds an option for a 'plan b' if iur game plan wasn't working (something we didn't have in the play off final) and, under the right management, I honestly think any striker can do well. Nobody thought anything of Martin but look how SMC transformed him...

up the rams

Jesus H Christ.

I reckon we're in for...

RB- Wisdom

up the rams

I wouldn't want Zigic... He is such a donkey, can't hold the ball up and has a poor touch to match. Wouldn't fit our system at all.

The one thing he offers is aerial presence which we do lack to be fair. However, Jutkiewicz also offers this, as well as being a better all round player.

Buying Zigic would be pointless if we also bought Juke (or an equivalent).

Archived