Saturday 14th - World Cup Match Thread

Srg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Garbage.

Best team won, England got exactly what they deserved.

England won't win fook all until they sort out that sh1te defence.

I'm not so sure about the ***** defence. It's not great, but we only let two in. We created enough chances to score at least 3. If we win every game 3-2, I'm not complaining. At this level they need to be finishing the chances they create.

But, like was often said about Derby last season when we went through the odd dry spell, if we keep creating the chances, we'll eventually finish them, and someone will be on the end of a tonking.

Really? It seems to me that this forum has a simple formula. Losing = crap team. We were far better than normal and the fact is that at this level if you make even small mistakes, you get punished. Italy are no mugs and they took their chances. But we produced loads of chances and didn't take them.

Classic Italian performance and win. Routine almost.

Whoever thought England looked ok must be watching with rose tinted glasses. Our midfield not a patch on Italy's midfield.... Really hope Gerrard clears off after this World Cup. I don't agree with Sterling love in..... We miss Walcott big big big time

I'm not so sure about the ***** defence. It's not great, but we only let two in. We created enough chances to score at least 3. If we win every game 3-2, I'm not complaining. At this level they need to be finishing the chances they create.

But, like was often said about Derby last season when we went through the odd dry spell, if we keep creating the chances, we'll eventually finish them, and someone will be on the end of a tonking.

Italy scored twice and then dropped back after the second goal. I should clarify, by defence, I mean defensive capability - I don't blame Baines for being exposed two-on-one time after time after time, but they exploited that numerous times before the break, and nearly just as many afterwards, including for the second goal.

Italy are not a great team, but they're no mugs. I thought they were comfortable winners.

Last World Cup - **** 2007/8 premier league season

this World Cup - Nigel clough rebuild period

next World Cup - Steve McClaren free flowing, opponent demolishers

the good times are ahead!

See, it's easy to make comparisons between the lions and the rams. They should just play the derby starting 11 (except the derby starting 11 is actually the Scotland starting 11). But in 4 years, you've got a midfield with Hughes and Thorne (both well established rams by then of course), and Bucko as next world cup's Lambert story.

That was absolutely pathetic. We played Italy's game. No pressing. Limited counter attacks. Italy are a terrible side. This nonsense of playing for a draw in the WC. What a joke that is. Gerrard was awful. Literally did nothing. George Thorne would have owned that position. No passion what so ever. Rooney out wide on the left. I felt for Baines. Drop Wayne. 

Whoever thought England looked ok must be watching with rose tinted glasses. Our midfield not a patch on Italy's midfield.... Really hope Gerrard clears off after this World Cup. I don't agree with Sterling love in..... We miss Walcott big big big time

Completely agree.

Gerrard and Henderson both deployed as defensive midfielders and Italy practically walked through our midfield time after time.

I'd dispense with Gerrard at this point but it'll never happen.

Completely agree.

Gerrard and Henderson both deployed as defensive midfielders and Italy practically walked through our midfield time after time.

A good manager would. Who cares if he is your captain. Who cares if Rooney is on £300,000 a week. Just look at Roy. Does he look like a respected, feared, take charge manager...

See, it's easy to make comparisons between the lions and the rams. They should just play the derby starting 11 (except the derby starting 11 is actually the Scotland starting 11). But in 4 years, you've got a midfield with Hughes and Thorne (both well established rams by then of course), and Bucko as next world cup's Lambert story.

In 4 years tms we should theoretically have one of the best sides going forward, Sturbridge will be hitting his prime, chamberlain Barkley sterling Hughes and Thorne will all have matured and we'll probably have llallana and Henderson hitting their prime, defensively though I'm still not sure, shaw should mature, but I can't really think of much else, possibly Flanagan stones and maybe wisdom, but that will still be no way near what our midfield and attack will be

ah well, at least we should see some exciting English football next world cup

Completely agree.

I imagine Pirlo couldn't have an easier game.... Mind you I do think we can win next two games. Wish we could get rid if Gerrard he holds us back. Not going to happen until after World Cup.

Archived