Derby play Rangers at the iPro

Matlock town Lovely place to visit, I recall from years ago... Rangers under 21s played a friendly against Tamworth a couple off  years ago.. Similar size non league outfit to Matlock I believe And at least 1000 Gers where in attendance for an under 21s game Not bad going eh ..WE DONT DO WALKING AWAY ya see Timbo ..

If they play on the streets we'd watch from the pavements, its the way it is.

As for the Fudd's accusations  regarding Rangers and trouble.. My answer would be  to remind them, 2013 Brentford v scum How many English supporters off your team where walking out in disgust before the end off the game ? How did that chant go again The one about Lee Rigbys head.. Disgusting is to polite a terminology but apt  .. Not to mention the pitch invasion and smashing up the bars  in the town by ya drunken Green brigade louts afterwards..

And  also what about the unwashed Singing anti British army & pro IRA songs at Aresnals  emeriates stadium in a friendly No wonder you've not been invited to England this year Scotlands shame is not wanted in a civilized country. Cus no one likes ya...

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who have made the point that based on our own beliefs, morals and values we make our own choices and in this case if you don't like what Rangers or their supporters stand for, just don't go to see them; fair point and I have no problem with that.

I also have no problem with those who have stated that Rangers will generate a cracking atmosphere. The numbers, noise and colour that Rangers or Celtic bring is impressive. Their ' when one sings, we all sing' mentality is the envy of many other clubs supporters.

What I do still have a problem with is the proverbial 'elephant in the room'; the sectarianism and bile that comes with it. Despite requests on this thread to enlighten the less aware of this significant part of their culture, the written silence has been deafening.

So, to the Rangers fans, hangers on and apologists on this thread can you please explain and justify, in this day and age, the sectarianism, bigotry and hatred that underpins the 'great atmosphere'

Following this, maybe people will be better informed to determine whether indeed you're the "best" supporters to ever visit the iPro.

Reckon due to Sky and especially with the younger fans who are only interested in football, many neutrals will prefer Celtic to Rangers.

I have nothing against either club, but I've got to admit I've seen Celtic play far more often that Rangers on the box and the atmosphere they create seems pretty decent.

Watching Celtic when they had Larsson, plus when they made the Europa League final under O'Neill and when they beat Man United 1-0 thanks to Nakamura's 30-yard belter means I kind of like them more.

Is weird, but in rivalries like Tombo mentioned I usually prefer one over the other too from a football persepctive. 

Arsenal > Spurs

Wednesday > United

Celtic > Rangers

Newcastle > Sunderland

Ipswich > Norwich

Liverpool > United

Milan > Inter

Benfica > Porto

I was on your forum looking for information about tickets for this game. I have been reading a lot of the posts about sectarianism, in Scotland laws are in place to stop sectarian singing it is working but very slowly. There is no law in England about this. We will be very loud throughout the game win lose or draw. And if you look back over the past year we have played two friendly games in England, Bristol City and Sheffield Wednesday, both games rangers fans were praised by the opposition fans and by police. I would expect at least 10-15 thousand rangers fans to be in the stadium. The only thing you guys need to worry about is a "Scottish second division side beating top English championship side" 1f1ec-1f1e7

Bore off now.

You've nothing constructive to say, and you just insult everyone who disagrees with you.

Tells you all you need to know about Rangers fans.

You and a couple of other posters continually say the same things and you call me boring...priceless

Tell me one thing that you've said is constructive about this game?????

As for the Fudd's accusations  regarding Rangers and trouble.. My answer would be  to remind them, 2013 Brentford v scum How many English supporters off your team where walking out in disgust before the end off the game ? How did that chant go again The one about Lee Rigbys head.. Disgusting is to polite a terminology but apt  .. Not to mention the pitch invasion and smashing up the bars  in the town by ya drunken Green brigade louts afterwards..

And  also what about the unwashed Singing anti British army & pro IRA songs at Aresnals  emeriates stadium in a friendly No wonder you've not been invited to England this year Scotlands shame is not wanted in a civilized country. Cus no one likes ya...

What relevance is this exactly? 'Celtic do it too' is not a valid excuse. 

Tell me one thing that you've said is constructive about this game?????

Constructive from the point of view of what I see as the best interests of my club and community... which happens to be having nothing whatsoever to do with Rangers.

So, true, I have nothing constructive to say about this game. I sincerely wish it wasn't happening, and I despise your financial chicanery as much as I despise your particular brand of bigotry.

Suppose ya entitled  to ya opinion Lamechop

But did ya know that "BIG JOCK KNEW" ................ If you did know ?? Do YOU accept that Celtic should have tried to cover up the paedophilia abuse At the bhoys youth football club ???  

And can you confirm That it has now ceased ?

And would you prefere Scotlands shame at the ipro  singing songs promoting the  IRA ?

Constructive from the point of view of what I see as the best interests of my club and community... which happens to be having nothing whatsoever to do with Rangers.

So, true, I have nothing constructive to say about this game. I sincerely wish it wasn't happening, and I despise your financial chicanery as much as I despise your particular brand of bigotry.

Come on!!! We have been involved in all sorts of financial dodgy dealings in the past (we were even banned from playing in Europe for it). I have witnessed our so called supporters chanting homophobic nonsense against Brighton, hissing when we have played Spurs and the stuff about Nigel Doughty's death etc. Did you make this much fuss when Rangers brought down 15,000 fans for Ted McMinn?

I only popped onto this DCFC forum As a friend off the Rams I met many great people from Derby in 06, and relish the visit again to your city and magnificent stadium. If you have a look at the Rangers forums Most of us are saying the same...  

If you read my original post You will know that I came in peace...

However the Derby branch off the bhoys club Have done nothing but trash my team and supporters of it on this thread and others ..

Understandable there bigotry you see, matches anything they accuse us off . They play  the poor victim card every time but profess to be squeaky clean .... Laughable  !!! 

A good day A good party A good game. That's all that matters...   Don't let the idiots and bhoys amongst you Rams spoil it .....

Any news on tickets yet btw ?

Please keep your poisonous sectarian hatred north of the border.

Within a year hopefully it's going to be a different country altogether and all that pathetic small-mindedness will just be a foreign matter.

Pot & kettle

I only popped onto this DCFC forum As a friend off the Rams I met many great people from Derby in 06, and relish the visit again to your city and magnificent stadium. If you have a look at the Rangers forums Most of us are saying the same...  

If you read my original post You will know that I came in peace...

However the Derby branch off the bhoys club Have done nothing but trash my team and supporters of it on this thread and others ..

Understandable there bigotry you see, matches anything they accuse us off . They play  the poor victim card every time but profess to be squeaky clean .... Laughable  !!! 

A good day A good party A good game. That's all that matters...   Don't let the idiots and bhoys amongst you Rams spoil it .....

Any news on tickets yet btw ?

And I'll continue to do it. I'll trash Celtic as well because they are equally as disgusting. People can't honestly believe this tripe can they...

If you don't like Rangers. Don't go to the game. It's not fooking hard is it.

But some of us are looking forward to it and no amount of **** posted about them will alter that, We are all old enough to make up our own minds.

If it were Celtic, I would stay away rather than risk getting a ban because of some **** waving some pro IRA flag.

Archived