Derby play Rangers at the iPro

Absolutely, one of the refreshing benefits of living in England is that the overwhelming number of people do not care for or even think about sectarianism or religious bigotry and intolerance.

For some of us on here it's just a great shame that Derby have decided to arrange a friendly which provides an unnecessary platform for such toxicity.

There is no doubt that Rangers or Celtic fans bring an impressive atmosphere in terms of numbers and volume. Even if it's only 3000 they will easily out sing the home support. It's what they do well; loud and proud and will sing their hearts out 'as one' before, during and after the game.

A day out in England is a big event for them, it gives them the full opportunity to run through their full party list of ditty's especially as England have not yet adopted Scotland's laws to out-law sectarianism singing. As outlined in other posts the party list includes a high level of pure toxicity. For Rangers, it will include derogatory references to the Pope, Vatican, anything papal, Catholics , paedophilia and glorify loyalist paramilitaries.

For those who don't know or don't care what they are singing about, it's undoubtedly the 'great atmosphere' .

For those who do know and do care, it's Scotland's Embarrassment.

This. Jam Doughnut knows.

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely, one of the refreshing benefits of living in England is that the overwhelming number of people do not care for or even think about sectarianism or religious bigotry and intolerance.

For some of us on here it's just a great shame that Derby have decided to arrange a friendly which provides an unnecessary platform for such toxicity.

There is no doubt that Rangers or Celtic fans bring an impressive atmosphere in terms of numbers and volume. Even if it's only 3000 they will easily out sing the home support. It's what they do well; loud and proud and will sing their hearts out 'as one' before, during and after the game.

A day out in England is a big event for them, it gives them the full opportunity to run through their full party list of ditty's especially as England have not yet adopted Scotland's laws to out-law sectarianism singing. As outlined in other posts the party list includes a high level of pure toxicity. For Rangers, it will include derogatory references to the Pope, Vatican, anything papal, Catholics , paedophilia and glorify loyalist paramilitaries.

For those who don't know or don't care what they are singing about, it's undoubtedly the 'great atmosphere' .

For those who do know and do care, it's Scotland's Embarrassment.

So I take it youll no be going then?what a shame you sound a great laugh.

THis has got to be the weirdest thread I have ever seen on here. Live and let live everyone! :wub:

My reason for coming to post was with a radical idea, but it might get lost in amongst all the swapped insults. However, why not make this game free to season ticket holders? It's an incentive for more people to buy before the season begins. And a great reward to those who've put their hands in their pockets. I hate that the first home cup game isn't free, but surely the least that should be done is to give the fans an extra friendly as a reward? And a chance to build excitement before the new season kicks off...

A lot of people won't understand it as there is nothing remotely like it in England. It's not banter, it's pure sectarian hate and it's disgusting.

Heard all the same pish before we played bristol and shefield last year,home fans ended up joining in with most songs and had a great time in the city centres all day.

You don't like rangers or there fans,I personally couldn't give a monkeys the derby and rangers fans who go will have a ball.

You and yer wee pal slaver away all you want your coming across a right pair of divs.

this will be a great game, they will bring thousands with them. Will give the last friendly a bit more atmosphere if the TM game had anything to go by.

I can remember when we played Hearts in out last pre season game at the BBG in Jim Smiths 1st season and they packed the away end, was a great game. 3-3 i think it finished.

yep 3 3 i was there to

Scum fans!  You have a short memory my young boy....  I seem to remember its was the rangers boys that smashed up Manchester, whereas you have very little trouble with Celtic..........  Russell and Bryson would back me up on this cos they hate Rangers as well!

It's possible to justify wiping either club out of existence in order to make the footballing landscape a better place. Two sides of a sectarian divide. There's no moral upper ground available to certain 'fans'  of  either club.

On the sectarian issue, historically the Catholic Irish were the injured party at the hands of the invading British. The atrocities which followed on both sides don't alter where the blame originally lies.

As a football club, Rangers cheated their way to the top and now expect to keep the titles they bought, but not the debt they bought them with. They should have been liquidated, end of.

If we insist on playing a club that has no right to exist, I would've preferred MK Dons.

More history, classier fans.

Another one who hasn't a clue...

You better get all the relevant football authorities on speed dial,a lord,asa because they all say we are the same club with history intact.

Sorry to ruin your wet dream...

It is a shame about the money companies were due though

On the sectarian issue, historically the Catholic Irish were the injured party at the hands of the invading British. The atrocities which followed on both sides don't alter where the blame originally lies.

As a football club, Rangers cheated their way to the top and now expect to keep the titles they bought, but not the debt they bought them with. They should have been liquidated, end of.

Wtf are you for real??

You need to get out more fella.

The two clubs are joined whether they like it or not. Celtic for all their bluster cannot live without the bears and visa versa. Can Celtic really say they have enjoyed their last few titles? I doubt it.. The decision to demote Rangers have virtually destroyed Scottish football. Rangers and Celtic are Scottish football!!

I have been to an auld firm game and there is nothing down here to compare.

It always make me cringe when I see people south of the boarder who are essential English and have Celtic as a soft spot...

They are essentially Irish and proud of it.. That's fine to a point.. But when some actively wish for the demise of British soldiers, I start to lose the plot. Rangers essentially proud to be british and that's what I am..

Archived