James Bailey gone

HeyHudson

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like we'll be seeing the back of a few in the next day or so.

Ayrton Wassell tweeted

The next two days are going to feel like forever... Hate not knowing! #dreadingit

I asked if he was waiting for HIV test results or to hear if he would still be at the club and he just favoured the tweet.

TobyWanKenobi

Almost every other clubs 'retained list' is already out. I assume ours was delayed because of the playoffs.

We'll soon know for certain who's going and who isn't, including the academy players.

Although what's with the people saying Bailey wasn't given a chance? 50+ appearances not enough for some people?

Nigel left him out a bit - only for Steve to bring him back in, but he really never really made an impact - who's fault? who knows.

Bit of eye candy, easy on the eye and all that as Alpha says - but we never really saw enough of him (on the pitch!!!) - so hopefully, he can go somewhere and make his mark. I wish him well. 

I liked him in the holding role.

He didn't get much opportunity in the last few years.

Another one for the Blades?

Nigel left him out a bit - only for Steve to bring him back in, but he really never really made an impact - who's fault? who knows.

Bit of eye candy, easy on the eye and all that as Alpha says - but we never really saw enough of him (on the pitch!!!) - so hopefully, he can go somewhere and make his mark. I wish him well. 

I'd say it was Thorne's fault predominantly, and possibly Hendrick as well. Bailey's alright, but those two have been phenomenal in the last few months.

Always felt sorry for him having to carry that ***** Savage at the start. He's a decent footballer. Good passer of the ball. But he isn't versatile and needs to play DM. But isn't good enough defensively to do it by himself. So therefore has to play in a team with 2 deep midfielders. Limited options there.

If you think about it, this could be the best bit of news all day.

If we're releasing Bailey then you'd like to think it's because a certain Mr. Thorne is lined up.

Please let it be so.

Now you're clinging to anything

Always liked Bailey but there was obviously something in his game that wasn't good enough. Attitude, work off the ball maybe?

I say this because both Nigel and Steve have seen him as not quite good enough. When he was available for loan no lower championship teams took him, and when he was for sale for a full summer we couldn't manage to get rid of him.

Wish him well though!

Almost every other clubs 'retained list' is already out. I assume ours was delayed because of the playoffs.

Yep. Every club has a deadline for their "retained list" for a day in mid-May but ours was extended to the 1st of June due to the play-offs.

Archived