James Bailey gone

HeyHudson

Always liked him and thought he was one hell of a prospect but he didn't seem to develop (Nige said as much himself). A tidy passer and useful deep midfielder and I would be astounded if he didn't carve out a good career - sooo much better than a lot of players out there. Good luck James

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just because Clough didn't play him, doesn't mean he fell out with him.

Well, he didn't give Bailey a squad number. What was the reason for that? Once McClaren came one of the first things he did was to give Bailey a squad number.

Well, he didn't give Bailey a squad number. What was the reason for that? Once McClaren came one of the first things he did was to give Bailey a squad number.

Because he didn't want to make him think he had a future with us. SM probably if the opinion he's still here so may as well give him a number

Bailey got injured, 3 months out. In that time Hendricks and Bryson hit form, Hughes came on the scene and Coutts joined along with Eustace. All better players than Bailey not frozen out just the squad moved on.

He didn't want to make him think he had a future? That's ridiculous. He'd shown enough in the past to be at least worth that dignity. Such a tosser move to do that.

And no, I haven't mentioned anything like that about Freeman.

He didn't want to make him think he had a future? That's ridiculous. He'd shown enough in the past to be at least worth that dignity. Such a tosser move to do that.

Not really when he had been open to Baikey and the media that Bryson, Hendricks form would keep him out

Come on he was never going to be anywhere near this year baring loads of injuries.

He was one of the seven at the start if the season who were told their futures lay elsewhere; they weren't given squad numbers but were still training with the first team. Bailey was them injured before the start of the season and wasn't fit again until after Clough was sacked. He probably would have been given a squad number, as Legzdins was, had he not been injured. Absolutely no problem with that what so ever.

Archived