Simon Dawkins

In my opinion is for Simon Dawkins that we are not in the premier League.

When he got in he was waful, he wasn't able to passa a ball!!! and in front of the goal he didn't score!!!

In my opinion i would have brought in sammon, that fresh with force would have scored.

I hope for the second spot next year, but it's though: fulham, Cardiff have just bought 2-3 players ( javi guerra) and Norwich that don't want to sell...

:(

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wait, hold up.

Sammon should not have come on.

Bamford should have been on for Ward earlier, and personally, Russell should have stayed on for longer and taken Ward off earlier. He was absolutely shagged.

I thought Dawkins caused problems when he came on. Got into some good positions and linked up well with Bryson. Remember this lad hasnt played that much football the last few years. If he can have a good pre season next year i reckon he will be one of our most dangerous players.

Stupid post. Having said that not sure Shteeve got his subs right yesterday. I would tried to have get Bryson on earlier but otherwise it seemed change for change sake and Russell was playing well.

Think being a tad harsh on Dawkins.

Thought Bamford would have been better option though.

And as for Sammon, hopefully I won't see him in a Derby kit again.

Stupid post. Having said that not sure Shteeve got his subs right yesterday. I would tried to have get Bryson on earlier but otherwise it seemed change for change sake and Russell was playing well.

This. Bryson for Hughes was a decent move as Bryson provided more of a link with Martin.

However the Russell Dawkins sub was a mistake for me. Dawkins wasn't as bad as some are making out but Russell was direct and not scared to drive into the box. Dawkins was too ponderous and we ended up losing some of our cutting edge and energy. 

Can't be too critical of Mac though. His decisions have been very impressive this season this one was a mistake, but he's well in credit. 

Only thing that disappointed me was that it was JR that went off - thought he made lots of intelligent runs, including the one that got O'Neill sent off. After he went off we seemed to play almost everything down the sides.

Taking off Russell was a terrible decision - Dawkins offered nothing like the threat that we had had before that, and I actually think it was a game changer for us. I'm not having a go at Dawkins because he hasn't had much game time recently but it was a very poor tactical decision.

Was always going to be a struggle once they went down to ten men because you knew they'd "park the bus" in front of goal. Our game is based on movement and quick passing which is difficult against a static team camping out in their own penalty area. Dawkins, as with so many of our players, is all about the movement side of our game so didn't stand much of a chance yesterday.

I would have kept Russell on and swapped out ward for bambi probably, maybe sammon just to get some height in the box - we were dwarfed by their defence so all the balls in that weren't on the ground were easily dealt with.

Dawkins is a fantastic player who we were lucky to sign for so little. Don't make stupid posts on here when you're still emotional from a sore defeat. Christ we have has a brilliant season. Guy wrenching finale but what a journey! Roll on seeing who Mac signs and who we manage to keep hold of out of this very good team!

Archived