Has this really happened?

-JW-

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I think so. When the goal went in I thought I was having a bad dream but 5 hours later i think it probably did happen  :(

As for how, I have no idea. How we did not win that after playing 25 minutes against ten men... I have no idea.

But that's football.

SillyBilly

I think you could sense after about 10-15 minutes of us not breaking down their 10 men the Derby team, management and fans began to think it wasn't scripted. That is how I felt anyway. This is going to take a long time to get over.

just got back from the game, when Zamora scored i didn't know what to do with myself, i just hid my face in my scarf and didnt want to come out, i wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. I never ever ever want to feel like that again in my life, horrible horrible feeling 

Not going to slash my wrists just yet. Disappointed, of course.

Ready to push on and improve, absolutely.

Conceding in the 90th minute was heartbreaking, but I actually left the stadium feeling pretty positive. We have a damn good team. Now it's starting to sink in that our best players could possibly be picked over during the summer and depression is starting to set in. I hate football sometimes!!!

So far since that horrific moment I have run through 4 of the 5 of stages of loss/grief.

1. Denial/ isolation

2. Anger

3. Bargaining

4. Depression

5. Acceptance

I dont think I will ever get to stage 5  :unsure:

Would a top two finish next season instead of a potentially futile prem survival attempt suffice? :wub:

My worst experiences were

1. John McGovern gifting George Graham a sitter in the Cup in 1972 in a 2nd replay @ Filbert St when a Cup and League double was an almost possible dream.
  2. The man with the football on my left missing a penalty against Juventus in 1973 which put paid to our European Cup hopes.
  3. 2 out of 3 of our play-off finals. Although we did play brilliantly today TBH.

For the first hour ish after leaving the stadium I was absolutely distraught. However, now i've accepted that we lost and am looking forward to next season. Let's be honest, if we couldn't beat QPR today, we wouldn't have had much luck in the Prem. I think we can all agree that if we make a few astute signings and strengthen the squad over summer, then come back stronger and go up automatically; we will be in a much better position than if we went up right now.

In Steve We Trust

It honestly feels like it was scripted for Harry Redknapp to get them promoted, and in such a fashion.

Football is a sick game, and watching Real Madrid break Atletico's hearts also in the last minute just topped of a horrific footballing day.

After being at Wembley to watch the playoff final against WBA, such a depressing heart-wrenching defeat was bound to happen at some point too.

Unfortunately, I saw it coming from around the 75 minute mark. You just knew that, for all our dominance, they were going to get one chance - whether it was through individual brilliance or a mistake. The longer Rob Green kept us out, it seemed inevitable.

So, so proud of the lads, and of the fans today too. We all gave it everything we had, but unfortunately we fell a fraction short.

Going to be a long old wait until August ain't it :(

Archived