Has this really happened?

-JW-

PistoldPete2

Anyone desperately look at the linesman, referee hoping for some sort of offside, foul?

No, they can't have scored.

Well I could see it coming.

They defended pretty well and we didnt really work the keeper.

Think Mac didnt make the right subs Bamford should have been on earlier maytbe 75 mins or earlier we were doing everything right except score.

Saw a few of the faults from earlier in the season, teams that park the bus like Wigan , Bolton, Millwall have stopped us scoring at Pride Park, and QPR did the same on Saturday. We need an extra striker, and to improve our corners. Hope we can keep our midfield four , they were SOOOOOO much better than QPR's.

We just werent quite good enough.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heh, I was in the SW corner so I had a perfect line from Zamora's foot to the top corner of the goal. As soon as I saw him hit it and I saw gap between post, ball and Grant's hand I turned away. Didn't see the net bulge, didn't see Zamora take one step to celebrate, didn't see Grant land.

Me too, time seemed to slow down, felt like a rubbernecker at a car crash, was only ever going in. At that point, starting singing Come on derby, everyone around me sat with head in hands, still thought we'd do it, hope over experience I guess.

Have you ever felt so desperate to start a day again?!

The worst moment was when all 38,000 QPR fans jumped up to celebrate when it should have been us.

In hindsight it would have been better to have started Bryson over Hughes but **** it, I would have picked the same line-up myself. I think the logic to bringing on Dawkins was a sensible one, in the hope that his pace would be effective against tired legs. After watching the highlights I just can't comprehend how he didn't score when he had that shot from close range.

In the end it came down to experience and defiance from QPR. Gary O'Neill played the rules to stop what would have been a certain goal in my opinion. The attack that led up to Zamora's goal was against their own fans and we panicked under the late high octane pressure from the crowd.

Has this really happened...yes because a late goal has done us again!

It happened on a few occasions, Birmingham, Ipswich too name two,

you have to ask yourself why oh bloody why can't they concentrate

for ninety odd minutes, instead they concede at the worse time possible

when its too late to rescue!

I feel sorry for the lad keogh, was great all game, so was buxton and the rest

of the defence but they had a few chances to bang it in the stand to see out

the time but never did it, i hope they learn from it, because it cost them in the end.

Up and onwards for next season Rams

Authors sometimes write that silence is deafening... from where I was sat, that was the first time I really understood where the saying came from. The goal went in and everybody went so, so quiet. I could barely hear the QPR fans cheering... the silence was somehow louder.

Archived