Has this really happened?

-JW-

North Stand Ram. If this is the worst for you and you've been going since the 70s. Well how about Hillborough in 76 and (cough, splutter) Wembley in 94. Now they were truly sickening. This is just a small bump in the road and we will come again. Brenford away anyone?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The foul by Gary O'neil changed the outcome of the game for me. I think if had not made that challenge we would be celebrating. 

if we had scored when they were down to 10 men we would of scored a few i think.

Just got back, still devastated. I didn't think we played particularly well but over the whole season and the 90 minutes today, we deserved to go up. If we can keep the team together (including Thorne and Wisdom) then I'd be confident of going up next season but I can't help but think we might have missed our chance today. So unlucky boys, and so proud of you all.

We played well without totally clicking.

If we had made it to extra time then i think we would have won.

Bryson improved us.

But i wouldn't have subbed russell....he seemed to be causing problems

I'd say we played very well until the final third and then we didn't seem to have what it took to break them down. Far too many crosses, played right into their hands. We looked much more threatening when we passed it into the box

I didn't think our finishing was that great, we played far too many hopeful crosses (especially first-time without any real targets to aim for) and Dawkins was the wrong man to be introduced.

Other than that, it was just one of those games...

No one can honestly convince me that we weren't ready or that we lacked the quality needed, because that would siuggest that QPR are ready and they had the quality needed - when the whole footballing world knows that the best team lost.

We played well without totally clicking.

If we had made it to extra time then i think we would have won.

Bryson improved us.

But i wouldn't have subbed russell....he seemed to be causing problems

I agree - I think we may have been playing for ET - when they scored. Don't quote me on that tho.

I too, was a bit taken aback when he took johnnycakes off...

for the first time in 8 months mclarens sub(s) didnt come off...unfortunately dawkins didnt step up and **** happens, just such a devastating way to lose having dominated. Watched the FLS replay and it barely showed them in our half, it was just one of those days. 

of course im gutted but every cloud has a silver lining, we will come back wiser and stronger from this experience and as long as we keep this group of players next season with the addition of a few others in key positions, we will rightly be favoured to go up after the way we played since mac came in. 

still...its going to be a long summer...

still feel  GUTTED ..  so much like the FESTER play off  defeat in more ways than one    over the 3 play off games in 94  scored  6 goals  conceded 3    won both semi final legs  ,  lost in the last min after totally dominating Fester

this year  Won both semi final legs .. over the 3 games  scored 6  conceded 3  ..and in both play off final defeats  us Derby fans had the same ends ...I,ll shut up  im making myself feel worse  and no doubt others ...NO JUSTICE IN FOOTBALL

To be fair I personally had fantastic day out shame we lost but another year in the championship should do us good remember guys and gal's forgot the team.. management and the rest of the staff we are derby WE keep derby alive without you derby would not have what we love so don't be disheartened because WE are greatest football club in the world

WE ARE DERBY COUNTY

COM'ON YOU RAMS

Archived