Joey Barton

HeyHudson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much of a nob as he is, his comment made me laugh as it's so right.  Come the general election I'll have a hard time voting for any of them because at the end of the day they're all self-serving spivs!!!  Now if Sam Rush were to become a politician :cool:

I've got a lot of respect for someone who tries to improve their life for the better, for all the stuff he did on his early days etc at least he had the courage to make himself better, imagine not many people know he goes to AA to stop the drink. Yes I can understand why people don't like him. Yes there is a red must there, but now he's become a father and seems settled into what is a 'normal' life (as in marriage and kids rtc, not his bank balance) he has seemed to mature.

With the comments on QT last night, how many of us blokes would use that analogy for something, a high percentage I presume.

My we've got the most politically correct tabloids going

I'm sure he wasn't chosen to appear for his deep, far-sighted political analysis, being a pro footballer. What he said would resonate with the average 'man on the Clapham omnibus', and, dare I say it, far-sighted.

What the hell happened to freedom of speech? Trampled on by the jack-boots of the European thought police.

And no, I didn't vote UKIP.

I've got a lot of respect for someone who tries to improve their life for the better, for all the stuff he did on his early days etc at least he had the courage to make himself better, imagine not many people know he goes to AA to stop the drink. Yes I can understand why people don't like him. Yes there is a red must there, but now he's become a father and seems settled into what is a 'normal' life (as in marriage and kids rtc, not his bank balance) he has seemed to mature.

With the comments on QT last night, how many of us blokes would use that analogy for something, a high percentage I presume.

My we've got the most politically correct tabloids going

Credit to him then for attending AA, at least that's proving beneficial to him.

Perhaps Question Time ought to redress the balance by having an intelligent footballer on one night? Say Will Hughes?

Archived