Joey Barton

HeyHudson

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a funny feeling Mc will sign him in the summer...... :cry:

I'd have him at Derby in a heartbeat. He's grown up a lot in the last 2 years.

I'd have him at Derby in a heartbeat. He's grown up a lot in the last 2 years.

Perming any 3 from Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrix I don't see a regular role for Barton and couldn't see him coming to warm the bench. Wages?

Perming any 3 from Thorne, Hughes, Bryson and Hendrix I don't see a regular role for Barton and couldn't see him coming to warm the bench. Wages?

Nor do I really.

That would be assuming that the three of them stay and Thorne comes to us, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them left.

From past interviews,Joey Barton has always said good things about Steve McLaren

I think he showed class after the game,not rubbing it in,and as a show of respect for SM

Whatever he's done in the past,he was the only qpr player not celebrating ,and taking the time to console the derby players

Nice gesture

From past interviews,Joey Barton has always said good things about Steve McLaren

I think he showed class after the game,not rubbing it in,and as a show of respect for SM

Whatever he's done in the past,he was the only qpr player not celebrating ,and taking the time to console the derby players

Nice gesture

Reminds me of when we knocked Southampton out on penalties - all our players were running towards Bywater - except one, Big Dave, went around all the Southampton lads who were gutted. Class act Big Dave.

Anyone watched the Steve McLaren post match interview on BBC Sport? Barton and Rob Green interrupt it to say "unlucky Stevie, you will be back".

Steve McClaren was probably responsible for putting his career back on track.

JOEY IN BIG TROUBLE

New media storm this morning over his "It's like having to pick from 4 ugly women comment" when talking about his voting selection. Then referred to the UKIP representitive as "And you are the most ugly" (didnt help that she was a women).

Joey, Joey, Joey ---- what were you thinking of.

UKIP ladies response was to say it just confirmed that footballers brains were in their toes.

JOEY IN BIG TROUBLE

New media storm this morning over his "It's like having to pick from 4 ugly women comment" when talking about his voting selection. Then referred to the UKIP representitive as "And you are the most ugly" (didnt help that she was a women).

Joey, Joey, Joey ---- what were you thinking of.

UKIP ladies response was to say it just confirmed that footballers brains were in their toes.

Barton has the audacity to call somebody ugly?

Lolol yeah cos he's Beckham, honest.

I'm not quite sure what the issue is with his analogy. Is it that it was deemed sexist because he says "four really ugly girls"? Or that he has suggested that anyone could be ugly at all?

In the first case, as a straight male he really had to use the fairer sex to make his analogy so whilst I can see where the issue might arise, I don't think he is being sexist. You could possibly argue that this is an example of everyday sexism, in that he is suggesting judging women based purely on looks. I don't think that holds much weight here personally because, given no information on someone (male or female) apart from what they look like, don't we all judge (initially at least) on that?

On the second point, whilst ugly is undoubtedly something of an emotive word, beauty standards are not universal and as he made no allusion to what he considers ugly, I don't see an issue here either. Also, lets not forget this analogy comparing girls to political parties. We know a lot more about political parties than what's on the surface so perhaps he knows these 'girls' too and it is in fact their personalities, not their looks, he considers ugly (OK I'm pushing it now...)

Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a bit of a c*nt but the reaction to this has been over the top.

I don't think the UKIP lady did herself any favours with her response which was very 'stereotypical' - lot of fuss over nothing, which I suspect, was the idea of having the muppet on in the first place (Barton, not UKIP lady).

Archived