QPR Ticket sales..

Burton_Ram

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know how well QPR ticket sales are going, just out of curiosity, wondering if they had had as much demand as us.

I can't see them not selling out, They have around 8,500 left and still got to go on general sale.

They expect to sell out tomorrow.

Seetickets didnt start selling QPR tickets till the day after Derby tickets went on sale. Maybe they thought the mad rush from both sets of fans might kill their site, Fair enough really.

Also because they have less STHs and members, they were allowed to purchase 2 per STH/member before the general sale.

I think they have about 5k to sell now, which will go in no time at all.

I also read on one of their fan sites, they took over 40k to cardiff millenium stadium for a mickey mouse cup final when they were in league 1.

So they'll have no trouble shifting em.

Apparently it isn't.

We all know plenty of Aunt Nelly's... those that rarely or never go to a game, unless it is the once in 5 years big one. It is a tinpot ground (but we have a great affection for it), and despite the low attendances compared to yours, it is hard to get tickets for many games.

Traditionally, Rangers has always been seen as a family club... there are a fair few supporters making this a family occasion... grans, aunts, wives, daughters, dog, all being dragged along for the occasion. A time when being a small club, has its advantages

We all know plenty of Aunt Nelly's... those that rarely or never go to a game, unless it is the once in 5 years big one. It is a tinpot ground (but we have a great affection for it), and despite the low attendances compared to yours, it is hard to get tickets for many games.

Traditionally, Rangers has always been seen as a family club... there are a fair few supporters making this a family occasion... grans, aunts, wives, daughters, dog, all being dragged along for the occasion. A time when being a small club, has its advantages

its the play off final, not Jeremy fookin Kyle mate!

and ... ? 

its the play off final, not Jeremy fookin Kyle mate!

Ha ha... Yes, but it was asked how did a tinpot club manage to sell nearly 40K. I am not sure we could have sold many more, and there is a fair chance that a very large number of those tickes have gone to fans who are not hardened supporters, whereas you could have probably sold at least another 20K to people who had a genuine and strong interest in Derby

Perhaps a paper should do a poll of how many, from a random sample of supporters from each side, could name five team players. The answers  from ours might reveal why we regard it as amazing achievement to sell 40k, while all I hear on here is bleating about the rough justice of it all

Derby are a much bigger club than tinpot QPR... elsewhere in teh news, Chamberlain proclaims "Peace in our time" ;)

Ha ha... Yes, but it was asked how did a tinpot club manage to sell nearly 40K. I am not sure we could have sold many more, and there is a fair chance that a very large number of those tickes have gone to fans who are not hardened supporters, whereas you could have probably sold at least another 20K to people who had a genuine and strong interest in Derby

Perhaps a paper should do a poll of how many, from a random sample of supporters from each side, could name five team players. The answers  from ours might reveal why we regard it as amazing achievement to sell 40k, while all I hear on here is bleating about the rough justice of it all

Derby are a much bigger club than tinpot QPR... elsewhere in teh news, Chamberlain proclaims "Peace in our time" ;)

Our club's bigger than yours, your club's bigger than ours, my bus is redder than yours, your dog's blacker than mine etc. etc.

There's only one fact that matters - the result on Saturday, everything else is just secondary. 

Well , i , for one , reckon GMR has been/ is a great ambassador for his club , i've enjoyed

reading his posts , and hope , after the match , he continues to post on here , whatever the result ..

Well , i , for one , reckon GMR has been/ is a great ambassador for his club , i've enjoyed

reading his posts , and hope , after the match , he continues to post on here , whatever the result ..

Thank you, good sir. I have enjoyed posting here and will do so. I have a good few Derby friends down here (finding QPR supporters is not easy!)

@Papahet... Our social following exploded on signing....

@Ewetube... I am not, and unless you visit WATRB (DONT!!!!!), nor any R's fan claiming to be bigger than you.  You may not agree, but I wish it was only the result on Saturday, like winning a trophy, as I am not particularly confident that promotion or otherwise is particualrly good for ourt club. Of course I want to return to the PL... the quality of football is far better to watch, if I can remove my hoop-tinted glasses, but it isnt quite the promised land, winning promotion feels like. 

Saying that, not many teams start consecutive PL seasons with 1-4 and 0-5 home defeats... kills any vain hope you might have for something better. 

Could you help me out... how can we win at Wembley and then go up as champions next year... that would be my perfect scenario LOL

@Ewetube... I am not, and unless you visit WATRB (DONT!!!!!), nor any R's fan claiming to be bigger than you.  You may not agree, but I wish it was only the result on Saturday, like winning a trophy, as I am not particularly confident that promotion or otherwise is particualrly good for ourt club. Of course I want to return to the PL... the quality of football is far better to watch, if I can remove my hoop-tinted glasses, but it isnt quite the promised land, winning promotion feels like. 

Saying that, not many teams start consecutive PL seasons with 1-4 and 0-5 home defeats... kills any vain hope you might have for something better. 

Could you help me out... how can we win at Wembley and then go up as champions next year... that would be my perfect scenario LOL

I wasn't having a pop at you (honestly Your Honour).

I have enjoyed reading your posts on here and agree with mo55y that it would be nice to have you popping in now and again after saturday.

As for winning at Wembley and then going up as champions next year - I think for that to happen some pretty major wrong-doing would have to come to light in the summer.

All the best and I hope you really enjoy the occasion (if not the result) on saturday.

Ewetube... I will enjoy Saturday. Just pray it is not as awful as the '86 final. There are few occasions, if any, during a fans lifetime that they consider throwing their scarf. That was one, but I didnt. (Though not quite sure why I want a '86 Milk Cup Final scarf!)

I hope it is a game I look back for being a great Final and that neither side has too many regrets. I can remember the '82 finals, both for different reasons. 86... I was so disgusted, I seem to expunged from my mind, or was it that QPR All Stars just didnt turn up... Search me.  

Archived