2007 v 2014

NewquayRam

The starting line up last time was

Bywater, Mears, Leacock, Moore, McEveley, Fagan, Oakley, Seth, Pearson, Howard, Pesch. SUBS Camp, Edworthy, Jones, Barnes, Macken.

As much as I love Seth and Pesch I personally don't think any of that team would get in this years starting line up.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barnes would be a useful person to have around for the first 2 minutes - he would reduce QPR to 10 men as soon as he went near Barton.

The exchange would go as follows…...

(nutmeg)

"Wheeeeeeeee"

CRUNCH!!!!!

Then the inevitable red card, ambulance and substitution.

Barnes would be a useful person to have around for the first 2 minutes - he would reduce QPR to 10 men as soon as he went near Barton.

The exchange would go as follows…...

(nutmeg)

"Wheeeeeeeee"

CRUNCH!!!!!

Then the inevitable red card, ambulance and substitution.

Get the po-po in for good measure. 

Bywater, Mears, Leacock, Moore, McEveley, Fagan, Oakley, Seth, Pearson, Howard, Pesch. SUBS Camp, Edworthy, Jones, Barnes, Macken.

As much as I love Seth and Pesch I personally don't think any of that team would get in this years starting line up.

Depends. 

Leacock THAT season was outstanding. He'd be easily ahead of Keogh. 

Other than that, I find it hard to disagree. Barnes was outstanding as well, I'd probably have him over Ward. 

Howard - Martin (holds the ball up)

Oakley - Bryson (goals from midfield)

Moore - Bucko (don't wanna mess with these guys)

Barnes - hughes (young, bags of potential)

for next season i'd like to see a similar player to seth johnson

I always look at things through my rose tinted glasses. I used to think Bywater was worthy of an England Call up for gods sake! Back then I thought every player was irreplaceable and that we'd finish in the top half of the premier league the follwing season without many changes! 

I guess I was a little wrong there!

I always look at things through my rose tinted glasses. I used to think Bywater was worthy of an England Call up for gods sake! Back then I thought every player was irreplaceable and that we'd finish in the top half of the premier league the follwing season without many changes! 

I guess I was a little wrong there!

what did you see when claude davis stepped the other side of your rose tinted glass?

I loved Steve Howard and Matt Oakley when they played for City. Maybe they were players of their time, but they played a big part in use getting promoted when we went down to League 1: his header against Leeds, which got us promoted, is one that most City fans remember in every detail.

Howard was a key part of us getting to the playoff finals the next season, and he was fantastic in the second leg against Cardiff in the playoff semis. Top man and fondly remembered by most of us.

Think the best indication of how good this team was is where they all ended up. None of them are or were regular Premiership players & many went onto to play at a level below the Championship - Leacock, Fagan, Pearson, Howard & Oakley (with Leics).

Whatever happens to us this season, I think most would agree Hughes, Hendrick, Thorne & Wisdom all have probable Premiership careers to look forward to in the future.

Howard - Martin (holds the ball up)

Oakley - Bryson (goals from midfield)

Moore - Bucko (don't wanna mess with these guys)

Barnes - hughes (young, bags of potential)

for next season i'd like to see a similar player to seth johnson

Jeff Hendrick, surely?

Howard would get on the bench as a clumsier back up version of Chris Martin.

Giles Barnes might have made the team and certainly the bench.

Seth from that year would have Eustace's slot on the bench.

Oakley is the other one I've got close to the bench on quality, while our lack of depth defensively might mean Leacock would get a bench spot. Mears might be cover at FB, but probably not in the 18.

That season I felt Leacock was going to achieve big things, the next Rio Ferdinand. He struggles to get in Notts County's team now. To be fair David Jones has done well at Burnley and will be back in the Prem next season. But overall I feel much more confident about this squads future.

Archived