Forsyth the new Brayford ?....

I mean in terms of his attacking runs and forward play.....

You can really start to see the winger coming out. His run to get the penalty yesterday was typical of so many he has made in recent games. Indeed he has grabbed a goal and could easily have had two or three more. Those forward runs remind me of Bray and it got me wondering how good we would be as an attacking force with Fossie on one side and Bray on the other. The opposition wouldn't know which way to turn.

Chances are we will lose Wisdom in the summer and although he played really well against Brighton overall I have been a bit disappointed with him over the last few months. Still decent, but not offering us much going forward.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think having Brayford and Forsyth would leave us exposed at the back somewhat. The benefit of Wisdom is that he doesn't lose his defensive position, making us much more solid. And at this level, he's a hell of an insurance as a last man at corners, etc.

People are still hung up over Brayford...really?

I do not believe he is premier league level, otherwise he would have been playing at Cardiff. We should be looking to improve I think. Brayford was part of a mid-table team and, admittedly he was the best player there but signing him would be a step backwards. He really wasn't that great defensively whereas Wisdom is and I think that has contributed to us performing better defensively this season. 

Ideally, we need a Wisdom 2.0 (if we can't sign Andre on a perm), someone as solid as Wisdom but also better on the ball.

People are still hung up over Brayford...really?

I do not believe he is premier league level, otherwise he would have been playing at Cardiff. We should be looking to improve I think. Brayford was part of a mid-table team and, admittedly he was the best player there but signing him would be a step backwards. He really wasn't that great defensively whereas Wisdom is and I think that has contributed to us performing better defensively this season.

Ideally, we need a Wisdom 2.0 (if we can't sign Andre on a perm), someone as solid as Wisdom but also better on the ball.

100% agree.

I don't understand why we can't have two attacking fullbacks in the team. Surely if we're attacking up the right hand side then the leftback will stay in position and not go bombing forwards to get on the end of the cross ahead of the centre forward! (NOT saying it should be Brayford by the way)

You lot are so fickle its unbelievable.

take any Derby player that we really like, say Martin, hughes, even buxton.

If they get sold, suddenly they weren't that good anyway.

Bullshiit.

Brayford was a damned good player.

Forsyth has not yet reached his level.

You lot are so fickle its unbelievable.

take any Derby player that we really like, say Martin, hughes, even Buxton.

If they get sold, suddenly they weren't that good anyway.

Bullshiit.

Brayford was a damned good player.

Forsyth has not yet reached his level.

No fickleness, yes a damned good player, but if you compare him to Wisdom.... No contest, Wisdom all day long for me.

Saying that though that comment might come back to bite me on my backside come this evening! :)

Archived