Derby MUST win for my mental health

FootballBet

My my my. Do yourself a favour and step away from the bookies my friend. Do it now. Do not even think of betting more to try to win it back. It won't happen.

Instead walk into your nearest GA meeting and be amongst others who know exactly where you're coming from. Then think about telling your family, cos support is vital. They can help you take things one day at a time.

Gambling is an addictive disease and going by your posts it's got you in a stranglehold.

Read this, it might encourage you to get the help you need.

http://dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/14368-seven-years-today/

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a massive ****! I'm 19 and started work since July 2013 and down £1900 on football bets... I absolutely hate football bets, I feel sorry for myself for putting myself in an awful situation, I need to win and run away from the bookies! Basically I've lost 4 major big money bets in a row!!! I've gone all out to win my money back after all this stress with a £2700 double bet on Derby County to beat Brighton over 2 legs and reach the final and Arsenal to lift the FA Cup Trophy in anytime... I'm a spurs fan, its desperate times... Betting on Tottenham started this MESS!!! Please do me a favour, I was contemplating suicide the last best I lost on the Brazilian league Sao Paolo & Santos home wins! COME ON THE RAMS!!!

Do yourself a favour and lose.

It'll be one of life's biggest lessons and will make you stronger and wiser.

I gamble £1000's every month because I enjoy it but more importantly, because I can afford to lose.

THE worst thing you can do in the world of gambling is to chase your losses and that is exactly what you're doing. 

You don't need GA and you don't need your family's support. Have the mental strength to tell yourself what you're doing is wrong and stop doing it until you're in a better position financially. 

There is nothing wrong with betting. Many people make a decent living out of it. But you my friend sound like a rookie and rookies are what those bookmakers love.

Mcsilks, why doesn't he need GA? How do you know he doesn't need help? Are you saying the people who do go to GA are weak minded? If so I disagree, it takes backbone to even admit there's a problem and an even stronger one to walk through the door to a meeting.

I think you're underestimating the problem a bit there tbh.

And going back to gambling when you're better off financially is bonkers. All that would do is start the whole miserable process off again. It works in the same way for alcoholics. You can't ever go back to it being under control. The only way to handle it is to not do it at all.

You're the girl, the bookies are the guy singing you the song...

I know your folks give you a hard time
But little girl just put your hand in mine
You'll see, what a good good man I'd be

And all your friends, well they say I'm bad
I ain't no different than any other guy you've had
before, except I need you more

You better stop and think it over girl
You better stop and think it over again
think it over again

Though times won't always be as hard as these
Little girl I'm begging on bending knee
Please stay, you're too old to run away

And if you stay right by my side
You know I'll love you 'til the very day I die,
It's true, I love only you

You better stop and think it over girl
You better stop and think it over again
think it over again

Jeremy Beadle's ghost is going to show up in a second in a pair of dark glasses and a hat and show us where the camera is.

Any excuse for the Jeremy Beadle joke so here goes - Jeremy Beadles having a vvank and thinks to himself 'one one hand my knob looks tiny, but on the other hand its massive'.

Yeah, I got a massive issue!!! Chasing loses feels so lonely, my family don't know... If my dad finds out it would be unbelivably awkward he was fuming when he found out I lost £300 (started my losses), my mum would hate me, she was upset about £300!!! I told people at work I've lost a lot but didn't go into detail, I said I want to do another bet I must win!!! They said don't, count your losses or risk losing more. Betting is a mugs game and I'm a mug I feel like one. Not everyone, some people play smart or for fun but my situation I'm a mug! I'm just praying for a Derby County win. COME ON THE RAMS!

You are not going to make your money back so drop that thought immediately. You have/need to stop!!! You need to find something to take your focus away from betting. Perhaps even try a few weeks of avoiding anything to do with football. But remember you need something to occupy yourself and your thoughts for the time being. 

I was in a similar place to you once. I was fortunate to have made some money so my overall loses were not that bad. The problem was chasing losses and constantly placing bets, etc. It had taken over me. Believe it or not, I just stopped. I didn't tell anyone about it, I didn't seek any help or advice. I just stopped. I think there are a lot more people than care to admit it that are the same as me. When someone mentions gambling I am not like a gremlin that suddenly feels the urge to gamble. I feel sad for them and hope that the path they are on doesn't lead them to somewhere no one wants to go. 

I don't know how or why, but when I stopped I stopped. Not gambled a penny since and never will. I remember what I was like up to the point I stopped. That is all I need to stop me from ever doing it again. Don't try and forget, remember what it is like. 

I'd just take the advice from most on here my friend, stop gambling and go and find some help asap. I can empathise with Uptherams post above, I too have let things slip badly in the past but I'm getting by ok now. I do bet most days but now, apart from the odd occasion, it's money i can risk losing. Go and get some help bud and don't be ashamed or afraid of admitting you have a problem. If truth be told most people have some sort of issue or another they could do with getting sorted.

Wow, Derby play some nice stuff! Really hope you lot get promoted! Today was a struggle 8-4 working worrying all daym, then I had to go college for an open day, then it was massive rush to get back for the game. Had dinner cooked for me, struggled to eat during the game though, finished after full time :p Felt like a right moron at 1-0 but at the end of the game its obvious Derby are miles better. Brighton are boring tika taka going nowhere and crosses to that big mans forehead upfront Ulloa, sort it out! Job will be half done if Derby can see it out, thanks guys for the favour today, appreciate it.

Archived