Derby MUST win for my mental health

FootballBet

I'm a massive ****! I'm 19 and started work since July 2013 and down £1900 on football bets... I absolutely hate football bets, I feel sorry for myself for putting myself in an awful situation, I need to win and run away from the bookies! Basically I've lost 4 major big money bets in a row!!! I've gone all out to win my money back after all this stress with a £2700 double bet on Derby County to beat Brighton over 2 legs and reach the final and Arsenal to lift the FA Cup Trophy in anytime... I'm a spurs fan, its desperate times... Betting on Tottenham started this MESS!!! Please do me a favour, I was contemplating suicide the last best I lost on the Brazilian league Sao Paolo & Santos home wins! COME ON THE RAMS!!!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a massive ****! I'm 19 and started work since July 2013 and down £1900 on football bets... I absolutely hate football bets, I feel sorry for myself for putting myself in an awful situation, I need to win and run away from the bookies! Basically I've lost 4 major big money bets in a row!!! I've gone all out to win my money back after all this stress with a £2700 double bet on Derby County to beat Brighton over 2 legs and reach the final and Arsenal to lift the FA Cup Trophy in anytime... I'm a spurs fan, its desperate times... Betting on Tottenham started this MESS!!! Please do me a favour, I was contemplating suicide the last best I lost on the Brazilian league Sao Paolo & Santos home wins! COME ON THE RAMS!!!

You should probably see someone if you have a gambling issue.

As for your bet if we are drawing or better after tomorrow's game I think you'll be safe.

We will make at least 3 good chances to score today we always do in every match just depends on whether we take them. Just the same we always offer at least 2 great chances to score for the opposition. Simply the way we play.

Yeah, I got a massive issue!!! Chasing loses feels so lonely, my family don't know... If my dad finds out it would be unbelivably awkward he was fuming when he found out I lost £300 (started my losses), my mum would hate me, she was upset about £300!!! I told people at work I've lost a lot but didn't go into detail, I said I want to do another bet I must win!!! They said don't, count your losses or risk losing more. Betting is a mugs game and I'm a mug I feel like one. Not everyone, some people play smart or for fun but my situation I'm a mug! I'm just praying for a Derby County win. COME ON THE RAMS!

You silly lad never start gambling so much money the only way out go to your bank and claim backrucey.

I agree I'm a silly ****! If Brighton win 3-0 it would feel like my soul being ripped out, felt like that last bet I did!

Someone needs to chin me, thats what I need... !

In all seriousness though you should see someone mate. To be nearly £2k down after less than a year of betting is worrying and your family are probably very concerned. I obviously hope your latest bet does go your way for you though.

I lost £300 a while ago that was bugging me... I lost £1600 on the weekend trying to correct it, now I'm in panic mode going all out with this bet. Thanks buddy. Basically I had £2.7K + a little extra when I made the bet today, I'm not going to bother looking at my account balance at the moment to see that little extra I have would be extremely emotional, my soul would sink and feel lifeless. Fucksake Satan!!!

Well... If Derby get through to the final, its only job half done. Arsenal would still have to lift the FA Cup (Not match betting!). However I know more about the Premier League teams and I'm fairly confident Arsenal won't ruin their opporunity against Hull City who they beat 3-0 away from home last time they played.

Haha, mate. Take it easy. Money comes and money goes. You're only 19, you'll be fine. I once played a game of blackjack with a guy that lost 10k within 5 minutes. My poor decision cost him the win too. It just shows how easy it can be lost. 

Get your money back and stop the rot. Betting is an easy thing to get addicted to. I made some losses last season, this year I just bet on Derby to lose, constantly.

I figured that it's a way of winning money, but if I lose it, I'm still happy.  

Derby to beat Brighton over two legs looks easy enough, however,  if I had £3000 to bet this week, just looking at the fixtures I'd have gone for a Seattle Sounders & Augsburg double - good odds, would return.. 7500 (roughly) 

Cheers Ambitious mate, its true about money. Worked so hard for that this year, feel like an absolute **** for pissing it down on bets. My birthday is on May 17th (FA Cup Final), would be the best present to have some (A lot) winnings.

The problem you'll have is you'll win this bet and then gamble that. Speak to gamblers anonymous, tell your mum and dad, yes they will be p*ssed at you but they will help you.

Betting all your money that have worked for is stupid. I used to have a gambling addiction not as extreme as yours but was quite bad and i told my mum who hates gambling and she just wanted to help me. 

Do something about it now whilst your young to stop you from doing it when you have things to lose. 

Cheers for the advice Jim, I think I will seek help after the outcome, if I lost and waited for pay day to bet, my life would be turning really ****. I highly doubt I'd get in this situation again if I win my money back, I really don't like the way its making me feel. I feel mentally ill. Gamblers anonymous would be helpful, I need someone to speak to.

Archived