Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confirmed. Leon Best seen at Moor Farm.

Was wearing the same t shirt George Thorne wore when he signed. You heard it here first.

Wouldn't say I'm camping. Last saw Leon Best 1 hour ago. Presuming deal is being wrapped up.

Believe what you want.

Agree with who you want.

Spoke to someone standing outside Moor Farm.

He says in his exact words ' Expect the deal to be announced this week. '

What are you trying to say? That's not my account...

Someone's copied my name ffs

I hardly use Twitter.

Ok guys it was BS, felt like spicing things up. All seems to have gone quiet.

Well i saw someone else start the rumour so felt like strengthening it

I still have a feeling we are after Leon best though tbh...

I'm not religious but dear god, 6 weeks is too long to give the kids of school, have a word will you

So looks like we're going to be after a new right back if Freeman does leave and I'd guess it'll be a loan. Some possible players who Prem teams may be willing to loan out

Carl Jenkinson (Linked with tons of teams)

Tyias Browning (Had a few games on loan at Wigan last season and impressed)

Ryan McLaughlin (Was on loan at Barnsley last season)

Kevin Stewart (Liverpool signed him from Spurs and will probably want to loan him out to get some experience)

Martin Kelly (Liverpool looking at signing more defenders so Kelly will just drop further down the pecking order)

Guillermo Varela (Man United signed him but he's yet to get a chance, might be willing to loan him out)

Marnick Vermijl (Another youngster Man United might send out to get first team football)

Ryan Shotton (Spent a bit of time on loan at Wigan last season. Think Stoke would prefer to sell rather than loan though)

Curtis Obeng (Spent last season on loan at Stevenage, might be ready to make the step up to the Champ)

Some decent players who would probably be available

So looks like we're going to be after a new right back if Freeman does leave and I'd guess it'll be a loan. Some possible players who Prem teams may be willing to loan out

Kevin Stewart (Liverpool signed him from Spurs and will probably want to loan him out to get some experience)

Martin Kelly (Liverpool looking at signing more defenders so Kelly will just drop further down the pecking order)

Guillermo Varela (Man United signed him but he's yet to get a chance, might be willing to loan him out)

Marnick Vermijl (Another youngster Man United might send out to get first team football)

Ryan Shotton (Spent a bit of time on loan at Wigan last season. Think Stoke would prefer to sell rather than loan though)

Curtis Obeng (Spent last season on loan at Stevenage, might be ready to make the step up to the Champ)

Curtis Obeng please.

Browning, 2 games on loan at Wigan

Stewart, handful of games on loan at Crewe

Varela, one professional career game to his name in Uruguay

Vermijl, only played for NEC on loan

Can you tell me what you have seen in these players that would bring to the side please, must be something special given that they have all barely played any professional football and we are looking at promotion this season.

Browning, 2 games on loan at Wigan

Stewart, handful of games on loan at Crewe

Varela, one professional career game to his name in Uruguay

Vermijl, only played for NEC on loan

Can you tell me what you have seen in these players that would bring to the side please, must be something special given that they have all barely played any professional football and we are looking at promotion this season.

Didn't realise I'd said they were all something special, just possible players who Prem teams would be looking to loan out. And anyway, Thorne hadn't done anything special before coming to us on loan

Just caught the tail end of Emile Heskey being interviewed on talkSport. He's currently without a team and I think he mentioned he was willing to take a wage cut. Mac brought him back into the England fold so knows him well. Would do the Martin back up role better than Sammon but he's a player who has always divided opinion. Thoughts?

Just caught the tail end of Emile Heskey being interviewed on talkSport. He's currently without a team and I think he mentioned he was willing to take a wage cut. Mac brought him back into the England fold so knows him well. Would do the Martin back up role better than Sammon but he's a player who has always divided opinion. Thoughts?

Sorry it's a NO from me. He isn't any better than "The Fish" IMO

I am a bit out of touch with Emile (e.g. age) and obviously have no ideas as to his fitness and wage requirements. But, for sure he is better than Sammon and is overly maligned in my opinion. There are a good many better judges than us who have bought/selected this guy in the past and for one year he might offer great cover for Martin and as an aerial presence if we want to go route one late in a game. As previously stated I think Holt similarly could offer something short term, and perhaps more than Heskey. Sorry I am a little bit pi

There's been some talk of Lewis Baker coming on loan, but I don't see where he'd fit.

Presumably we're definitely now in the market for another RB (Freeman going), winger (Bennett out on loan), striker (Martin cover). I'd expect Ibe as the winger...

Archived