Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

After Chirs Eagles apparently.

CHRIS Eagles has thanked the Wanderers fans for their support despite admitting his time at the club has ended on a sour note.

Derby County and Cardiff City are two of the sides thought to be tracking the mercurial midfielder, who has left Bolton after three seasons of highs and lows.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/11315837.Chris_Eagles_eyes_fresh_start_but_says_sour_end_does_not_tarnish_fond_Bolton_Wanderers_memories/

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I was just scratching my head thinking where have I heard of Promes before... I wrote an article with him when Louis van Gaal was appointed as Manchester United.

He's very, very highly rated. Dutch international and wasn't that far off a World Cup place, or so I'm lead to believe. He made his debut against France four months ago anyway.

11 goals in 31 games last season in the Eredivisie. 

A few other facts that all lead to the same conclusion... It's not going to happen. 

I'd really like us to sign Sam Byram amongst the Leeds crumble.

I think he has the potential to go on and play at the very highest level. I'd be banging the door down for him, but I have no idea what Cellino would want for him.

My gut feeling is that

Don't know if you knew, but soccer is an English word and pre-dates the word 'football'.

I'm not keen on it and absolutely hate 'footie', which belongs in the same bin as 'doobry', but it is a pukka term for the game we love.

thanks for that did not know that  but you cant say he just headed the soccer can you :D

I was chatting to a mate about us and forwards/penalties etc and he mentioned this guy, so i had a look and he moves well, scores goals, and can take penalties !!

Swedish born John Guidetti ,on loan at Stoke last season and wasn't happy with Hughes, so maybe looking to move ?

He looks like he'd fit our stle of play too  :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLvlXr6RcsE#t=65

Can someone alert Chris Evans please ... or shout his name to Mac this afternoon :D

I was chatting to a mate about us and forwards/penalties etc and he mentioned this guy, so i had a look and he moves well, scores goals, and can take penalties !!

Swedish born John Guidetti ,on loan at Stoke last season and wasn't happy with Hughes, so maybe looking to move ?

He looks like he'd fit our stle of play too  :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLvlXr6RcsE#t=65

Can someone alert Chris Evans please ... or shout his name to Mac this afternoon :D

Not sure if I'm correct but weren't we (And other Champ clubs) linked with him last season and he said he's too good to drop to the Championship?

Yeah, he has a very high opinion of himself... Plus I heard low end Prem clubs are in for him.

Confidence which could be construed as 'arrogance' etc, are part of a serious strikers armory, From Shearer, to Messi and even our own Chrissy, its part of who they are, and as for low end Prem clubs, we can, should the 'powers that be' choose to, compete with them as Bryson's signing has shown, so its all about whether the 'powers that be'  know he's out there and that he may need a club  at which believes he can fulfil his ambitions with...

Archived